Scripture Union Daily Guide 20 January 2024 Message
Read Scripture Union Daily Guide 20 January 2024 , Saturday SU Daily Guide Reading
TOPIC: The Living Bread from Heaven
OPEN PRAYER: Help me to understand the exceeding greatness of your power as I read through this passage, dear Lord.
TODAY”S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 6:41-59
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q 1: What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Q3: Is there any command for me to obey?
DAILY GUIDE 20 JANUARY 2024 OUTLINE BELOW:
The Jews quarrelled with Jesus for claiming to come from heaven, which meant that He is indeed the Son of God. They refused it because they knew so much about Him and His family (v.42). The response of Jesus in vs.43-46 is quite revealing. No one becomes a Christian unless God first draws him/her to Himself. God’s word released in power, activated by the Holy Spirit brings conviction and yielding to the lordship of Jesus Christ. Patiently and prayerfully sow the seed and commit the hearer to the owner of the word.
Everlasting life comes to anyone who places his/her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (vs.43-47; John 3:16-18). Jesus claims that He is the Bread of Life (vs.48) and the Living Bread (vs.51). What do you make of these claims of Jesus? The carnal mind of the Jewish leaders could not comprehend such a deep saying of the Spirit. Human philosophy and even theology cannot give anyone access to spiritual matters. Vs.56-58 seem to have even compounded the problem of the Jews – my flesh is meat, and my blood is drink.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Dear heavenly Father, grant me simple faith to believe your word. I need no other argument.
Prayer for the week
• Pray for grace to believe in the infinite love of God, in the power of God and in the reality of God’s promises. • Pray for backsliders, that they will remember the love the Father has for them, and they will find their way back to the Cross.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Numbers 23:23
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 20 – Genesis 25-26
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN – Sat Jan 20, 2024
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
THANK GOD FOR:
• The grace to reach out to children
• Still reckoning with SU, and not discarding us despite our failures in this ministry
• The new HOD of this department and for the vision God is giving him
• The work in this department will receive a positive new turn
• Grace for producing effective resource materials for children
• A more effective periodic training of children workers
• More brethren to be enlisted in children work.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 20 January 2024 Devotional. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.