Scripture Union Daily Guide 14 February 2024 Message
Read Scripture Union Daily Guide 14 February 2024, Wednesday SU Daily Guide Reading
TOPIC: Witnessing In Style
OPENING PRAYER: Grant me depth of insight, revelation and knowledge as I meditate on this passage, O Lord.
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 9:24-34
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q2: Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Q7: What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 14 February 2024 MESSAGE
What a conviction (vs.24-25)! Even though the healed blind man was yet to know Jesus as the Son of man, no intimidation could make him change the story of his healing or what he knew about Jesus: “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see” (v.25)! Clear understanding of our experience with Jesus instils boldness for witnessing to everyone, anywhere. When we tell people about Jesus’ power to save, we should ask them if they would follow Him (v.27).
What can we learn from the people’s comparison of Moses and Jesus in v.28? In these days when people trust the “man of God” more than God Himself, we need to be watchful against the bitter root of unbelief creeping into our hearts. Notice the boldness and sound knowledge of God’s word that this man born blind had (vs.30-34; cf. John 15:5)!
What’s more? What the blind man’s parents feared happened to him; they insulted and threw him out but who shall separate us from the love of Christ (Romans 8:35)?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Help me, Lord, not to despise the truth no matter how hard it may be to comprehend but heed it and repent.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Genesis 1:11
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 45 – Leviticus 5-7
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN – Wed Feb 14, 2024
For the Lord God will help me; therefore, shall I not be confounded; therefore, have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. – Isaiah 50:7
THANK GOD FOR:
• The faith of brethren passing through persecutions
• Divine power that has kept our brethren focused despite the hostilities around them.
• Christians who are undergoing persecution and daily facing one hostility or the other; that God will keep and protect them.
• Christian bodies to be closer to the persecuted brethren in the northern part of this country.
• Stronger faith for every Christian living in hostile environment
• The activity of insurgents; that God will restrain them and they shall proceed no further.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 14th February 2024 Devotional. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.