Scripture Union Daily Guide 17 January 2024 Message
Read Scripture Union Daily Guide 17 January 2024 , Wednesday SU Daily Guide Reading
TOPIC: Miracle Seekers
OPENING PRAYER: May my heart, O Lord, be receptive to your word as I meditate on it.
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 6:1-15
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q 1: What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Q3: Is there any command for me to obey?
DAILY GUIDE 17 JANUARY 2024 OUTLINE BELOW:
Many of our church programs and crusades, especially the ones held by international and renowned speakers/evangelists are densely crowded. The story was the same during the days of Jesus. What really is the motivation (v.2)? They normally come for healings, signs, and wonders and not necessarily to receive salvation.
Today, some come to do business and make connections. We need to pray for a correct mindset for the thousands who crowd our churches and crusade grounds. Beware of crowds. You will never encounter Christ by following them.
Read vs.3-5. Jesus did not just preach the word (Mark 6:34); notice His concern for the people. What lessons on the welfare needs of people can the Church of today learn from Him? In these days of poverty and extreme hunger and lack, we must not toy with the welfare needs of people. We can make more impact by targeting the total man.
Read vs.4-7 again. What can you say about Philip? Compare his attitude with that of Andrew (vs.8-9). Do you see faith and concern in Andrew? A little given to Jesus can be multiplied to meet the needs of many (vs.10-11). Read vs.12-14 again and ponder on lessons we can learn on prudent food management and administration in our homes, camps, and public places.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Dear Lord, I surrender my five loaves and two fish. Multiply them to meet the needs of my suffering and hungry generation.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Numbers 23:21
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 17 – Genesis 16-18
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN
Wed Jan 17, 2024
SCHOOLS, YOUTH, AID FOR LIFE DEPARTMENT
CALLED FOR HIS PURPOSE AND GRACE
“Who has saved us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace”
THANK GOD FOR:
• Saving and calling us to live in holiness without which no man shall see Him
• Enlisting and giving us a commission to serve Him in ministering among in and out of school youth
• Diverse resources – finances, human and material, He has made available for us to make a full proof of our ministering among students\/ youths all over Nigeria
• We shall daily align our lives to reflect His holy conduct in our work, life and service in God’s kingdom
• Increased consciousness to live worthy of His calling in all sincerity and seriousness
• All our formations and wings will all complement one another in reaching out to and nurturing young people
• Every human structure limiting us from fulfilling our vision of rescuing and nurturing today’s youth
• Demonic devices dampening our zeal towards youth ministry, that it shall not prevail over our work.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 17 January 2024 Devotional. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.