Daily Fountain Devotional 29 May 2020 for Anglican Communion
TOPIC: Divine Restoration
TEXT: Joel 2:23-32(NKJV)
23. Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you — The former rain, And the latter rain in the first [month.]
24. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.
25. “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you.
26. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the LORD your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame.
27. Then you shall know that I [am] in the midst of Israel: I [am] the LORD your God And there is no other. My people shall never be put to shame.
28. ” And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.
29. And also on [My] menservants and on [My] maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
30. “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
32. And it shall come to pass [That] whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.
Daily Fountain Devotional 29 May 2020 – Divine Restoration
STUDY: God’s response when His people repent of their sins and return to Him is captured in today’s text. God wants His people to be glad and to rejoice because of the things He will do for them (vs. 23-24).He promises divine restoration of what was lost by locust invasions. He vowed to bless them with plenty of food and cause them to know that He is God. He will also pour out His Spirit on all people, both young and old. He will show wonders in the earth, Sun and moon (vs. 30-31).
Salvation and deliverance are promised to anyone who calls on the name of the Lord (v.32; Rom. 10:13).
We have a God who can restore broken lives, unhappy marriages, shattered dreams and whatever that may have been lost or destroyed. Our God gives spiritual gifts to those who serve Him. Has something been lost or destroyed in your life, study, marriage, work or business? If so, take it to the Lord in prayer and expect His divine intervention and restoration.
Do you need salvation from sin or deliverance from a demonic attack? Just call on the Name of the Lord and He will surely answer you.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please restore my fortunes in Jesus name. Amen.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: ”… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.” (Daniel 11:32)