Topic: What To Seek
TEXT: John 6:22-29(NKJV)
22. On the following day, when the people who were standing on the other side of the sea saw that there was no other boat there, except that one which His disciples had entered, and that Jesus had not entered the boat with His disciples, but His disciples had gone away alone —
23. however, other boats came from Tiberias, near the place where they ate bread after the Lord had given thanks —
- when the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, nor His disciples, they also got into boats and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus.
- And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, “Rabbi, when did You come here?”
Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
“Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”
- Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
- Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
STUDY: It is generally said that he who fails to plan has already planned to fail. The message of today’s meditation makes us to understand that the people in our text were busy chasing shadows instead of the reality (Jesus Christ). Indeed, they were looking for Jesus because of yesterday’s miracle. To them, a Messiah had come who could meet their daily needs. They were less interested in the spiritual benefits He gave.
Today, many people go to church because of diverse needs. So many are looking for protection, promotion, advancement and lots more. However, they forget that all these will definitely end one day. It is highly important to understand the message of John 3:16
Father sent to the world to secure eternity for mankind and this all should believe in the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who the Father sent to the world to secure eternity for mankind and this eternity is not a result of good work! What you must do is simple: Just believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Ensure you seek first the kingdom of God through God’s Son Jesus Christ (Matt. 6:33)
PRAYER: Lord, teach me to seek You above any of life’s possessions in Jesus ‘Name. Amen!
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.” (Psalm 68:35)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 23 August 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.