Topic: God’s Judgment Against The Enemy Of His People
Opening Prayer: I open my heart to meditate on your word, teach me your ways oh Lord.
Scripture: Ezekiel 38:1‐23
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any promise for me to believe or hope for?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 January 2022 | SU Devotional | Outline
The stage is being set here for an attack on the Israelites by a great and mighty army from the north. It appears that the attack would occur long after Israel’s restoration as one nation and a period of peace and economic prosperity (vs.8&9). Israel may not have provoked the attack and would be dwelling securely, oblivious of the imminent invasion (vs.11,14). This prophecy is closely related to the Battle of Armageddon, God’s final judgment on Satan and all evil forces in John’s Revelations (16:16; 19:17‐18; 20:7‐9).
What, according to v.16, was God’s purpose for initiating and allowing the attack? In vs.14‐17, God challenges Gog, pointing to the future when He will ‘vindicate His holiness’ and cause Israel to re‐establish herself. All the nations will see this and know that the defeat and exile of Israel was not due to God’s inability to protect His people but a punishment for their unfaithfulness.
Notice the scope of the destruction in vs.20‐21. God’s judgment on sin is certain, and His condemnation hangs on all who have continued to reject the truth. God’s day of reckoning will soon come. On which side will you be, forgiven or condemned?
So then: Put your trust in God completely as you face the challenges of life.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, I exalt you for being the mighty warrior who fights for your people and keeps them secure always.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalms 37:38 ‐ 37: 39 ‐ 40
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Genesis 36, 37, Psalms 16.
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN
FINANCE COMMITTEE TRANSPARENT PEOPLE OF INTEGRITY
Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each of you speak the truth with his neighbor,… Ephesians 4:25
THANK GOD FOR:
› The simplicity and godly sincerity which we have inherited in Christ Jesus. › The wisdom and grace of God upon the lives of the finance committee members as they meet today.
• Journey mercies as they travel down for the meeting.
• Increased transparency, sincerity and faithfulness among those who handle the finances of SU Nigeria at the grassroot, Area, Region and National.
• Humility, gentleness and patience as they plan and execute the financial aspect of SU that the work of the Master will not suffer loss.
∷ Not following the leading of God especially in the management of the funds. ∷ People withdrawing from financing the Union‘s work due to the financial situation of the country.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 January 2022. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.