TOPIC: Wolves Masquerading As Shepherds
Opening Prayer: Grant me depth of insight, revelation and knowledge as I meditate on this passage, O Lord.
Scripture: Jeremiah 50:1–17
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 1st December 2020
Read v.6 again. God sympathises with his children who are led astray by their leaders. Notice the consequence of their departure from God in vv.7, 17. The office and role of the leader is well documented in the Scripture. Leaders are shepherds with responsibility to guide the people in the path of righteousness. If you are involved in leadership of any kind, would God be pleased with your leadership? Notice the action Israel had to take before they could experience God’s redemption and restoration (vv.4 – 5). Without repentance, there is no forgiveness of sin. But whatever length we might have gone in sin, if we turn from our wicked ways to the Lord, he will restore us. Babylon was used by God to remind Israel that she could not prosper if she shunned him. Apparently, Babylon did not realize that all God wanted was to call Israel to repentance. She went beyond her charge (v.11). They thought it was her gods (v.2) and strong defence (v.12) that accounted for their victories. In so doing, they incurred the wrath of God. We must always correct in love having in mind Paul’s admonishment in Galatians 6:1.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Reflection: “… God is not willing that any man should perish but that all should come to repentance” 2Peter 3:9 (KJV) .
• Thank you, Lord, for all you have done and continue to do to restore a sinner to true life.
• Ask God to help you know His will, walk in it and be an example to believers and unbelievers.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 71:2
Read the Bible in one Year
2 Chron. 28–29; Luke 10:1–24
Scripture Union Daily Guide 1st December 2020 – Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.