TOPIC: Renew your love!
Opening Prayer: As I read through this passage dear Lord, let your word bring transformation to my life.
Scripture: Galatians 4:8–20
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
Those who engaged in idolatry normally observe various forms of dos and don’ts. In certain communities, women must not eat salt and oil throughout their pregnancy period. Others must climb up into the ceiling to give birth to their children. Free, indeed, were such women when they became Christians. But what a pity if as Christians, they decide to continue to live in their bondage? Compare vv.8–10. Notice the mutual love that initially existed between Paul and the Galatians (vv.14–15,19). Can you say that this is true of your church?
A genuine demonstration of mutual love and care is a source of witness to unbelievers (John 13:34–35). One of the causes of Paul’s unhappiness with the Judaizers was that they used flattery and threats on the Galatians. He was not, however, against other people ministering to them, provided such ministry was sincere and in truth. Christians need to cultivate this healthy spirit in doing God’s work without seeking to promote their own “empires”.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Challenge: Read v.16 again. Do you appreciate friends who tell you the truth?
• Dear Lord, blessed is your precious name for your favour that I have enjoyed. Help me never again to submit myself to any form of bondage.
• Pray that the political leaders will act and conduct themselves in a manner that promotes peace and unity of their country.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Romans 4:21
Read the Bible in one Year
Josh. 19–21; Luke 18:1–23
Scripture Union Daily Guide 16th December 2020 – Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.