Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th January 2024, Monday Message
Read Scripture Union Daily Guide 15 January 2024 , Monday SU Daily Guide Reading
TOPIC: Jesus Is The Son of God
OPENING PRAYER: Oh Lord, grant me divine guidance as I read and meditate on your word in Jesus name.
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: JOHN 5:19-30
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q 1: What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Q2: Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
DAILY GUIDE 15 JANUARY 2024 OUTLINE BELOW:
The Jewish leaders condemned the action of Jesus for healing the invalid man at the pool of Bethesda for two reasons: a) that the healing was on the Sabbath and therefore Jesus disobeyed the Sabbath rules; b) that He said God is His Father thus claiming to be equal with God.
Jesus gives them many reasons why His claim cannot be disputed. Examine from the passage the relationship between the Father and the Son – in the work they do, sharing of responsibilities, respect for one another, unity of purpose, etc. The Father is the author of life and that life He gave to us through the death of His Son on the cross.
Anyone can access that true and everlasting life by putting his/her faith in God the Father and in His Son. Physical death does not take away this real life from the believer. The grave cannot terminate it. Believers will hear Christ’s voice at His return and rise to life eternal (vs.24-25). The unbelievers will also resurrect but notice their eternal destiny (v.29b). We determine our eternity by the choice we make right now.
And so? Jesus was bold to declare His identity. We must not be ashamed to be identified with Jesus as God’s children and co-heirs with Christ.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Thank you, dear Lord, for your offer of life for now and all eternity.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Numbers 23:20
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 15 – Job 40-42
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN
Mon Jan 15, 2024
So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock – His church, purchased with His own blood over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as leaders –
THANK GOD FOR:
• The grace and wisdom to execute programmes at the group level
• The vision He has given them for this new year
• Grace to diligently watch over their lives and the flock under their care
• Grace to lead the people of God with the heart of a true shepherd
• Wisdom and correct insight to plan programmes that will meet all round needs of the brethren
• Every plan of the devil to scatter the fellowship at the grass root.
Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th January 2024 Devotional. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.