RCCG Sunday School Teens Teachers Manual 31 July 2022 | Lesson 48 || Sanctification
RCCG Sunday School Teens Teachers Manual 31 July 2022
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2021/2022
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 31ST OF JULY, 2022
LESSON FORTY EIGHT (48)
HYMN FOR TODAY: Higher ground
MEMORY VERSE: ‘And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God’ 1 Corinthians 6:11
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know about sanctification
CENTRAL TRUTH: God wants us to live sanctified lives.
RCCG Sunday School Teens Teachers Manual 31 July 2022 | INTRODUCTION
From 2 Tim 2:21, sanctification can be defined as the act of cleansing ourselves from filthiness and setting ourselves apart, holy onto the Lord. This means making a conscious, willing decision to dedicate your spirit, soul, mind, heart, and body to God. Sanctification removes the root of sin from our hearts and our love for God becomes pure and our service to God becomes selfless with good intentions.
Make a list of the characteristics of people who are not sanctified in 1 Cor 6:8-11
Steps to sanctification:
1. Repent and be born again.
2. Renew your mind daily in God’s word. Rom 12:1-2.
3. Living in the spirit Galatians 5:16-26 and as we do this, we become baptized in the Holy Spirit, we begin to bear the fruits of the Spirit, we receive the gifts of the Spirit and we become more and more like Jesus.
Benefits of Sanctification:
1. We will be dead to sin, resisting temptation becomes easier, we will not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.
2. Loving and walking with God becomes easier.
3. No fear in death because heaven is guaranteed.
4. We will have good control over the use of our five senses, thoughts and sinful sexual lusts (including pornography) lose their grip on our mind.
- Forgiveness becomes easier and we will enjoy peace that passes all understanding.
- We will enjoy fellowshipping with God.
- The devil will have no hold over our life.
- We will attract divine favour and blessings.
Facts about Sanctification:
• The journey to becoming sanctified begins when you become born again
• Sanctification Increases Throughout Life.
• Sanctification is Completed when we meet the Lord in glory. So we must work it out till the end.
LIFE APPLICATION: Examine yourself and make conscious efforts to put away anything & anyone that is hindering you from living a sanctified life.
RCCG Sunday School Teens Teachers Manual 31 July 2022 | CONCLUSION
The process of sanctification is carried out through the working of the Holy Spirit on our hearts, cleansing it and setting us apart for God’s use. However, we must cooperate with the Holy Spirit to complete His work.
The benefits and blessings of sanctification are countless. We have mentioned just a few. Pray that God will sanctify you so that you can begin to enjoy these blessings.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here:
Thank you for reading RCCG Sunday School Teens Teachers Manual 31 July 2022, Lesson 48