THE MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
TOPIC: PREPARATION FOR REVIVAL
ANCHORED SCRIPTURES: AMOS 4:12; PSALM 85:6
MINISTER: DR. DANIEL OLUKOYA (G.O MFM WORLDWIDE)
Preparation For Revival By Dr D.K Olukoya MESSAGE:
If there is anything we need now as individuals, as the church of God, locally, nationally, internationally, it is revival.
We need personal spiritual revival. We need church revival. We need national revival. We need international revival. That is the problem we are having now.
And before we can have a corporate revival, individuals must get revived in their spirits. But for us to get to that level, a preparation is necessary.
You must prepare before you meet God. Whenever there is revival, there is always great genuine joy.
I am praying for everyone gathered here today, that the spirit of the living God, the God of Elijah will cause revival to happen in your life in the name of Jesus.
That is why I love that old fashioned song which says:
Send down revival Lord
Let it start within my soul
Holy Ghost revival, Pentecostal fire! (Sing 3 times).
Right will always be right, even if nobody does it. Wrong will always be wrong even if everybody is doing it, because God does not change.
He says “you want to meet me? You want to encounter me? A preparation is necessary”. God has given us certain laws and the scripture cannot be broken.
Those laws, physical, moral and spiritual have been given unto us by God. You may not like the way the law operates, but they have no respect for your opinion.
God’s law is God’s law, whatever your colour or race. Unfortunately this our generation is a very shallow generation spiritually; very very extremely shallow.
We get excited at things that are spiritually valueless. “Oh the man raised his hand and I fell under anointing!” The question is, did your life change after you got up?
Sometimes we have watched preachers and congregation shouting and shouting and somebody like me has wondered what they are shouting about.
The sinners are shouting, fornicators are making noise. Most growths that we see these days are just horizontal, not vertical. You cannot break the law of God.
Nobody ever broke the law of God. What you are doing is breaking yourself against the law of God. You think for example somebody can be immoral, can practise all kinds of sin and can escape the consequences?
You can devise clever methods to escape, but the consequences will surely come. The situation is really very bad now, that criminals are arresting criminals, thieves are arresting thieves. The situation is very bad.
To be quite honest with you, if we could catch all the criminals, there will be not enough jails to hold them. There will not even be enough courts and judges to try them.
What a tragedy we have these days and it has gone through the length and breadth of the whole society. What a tragedy that these days now, they call for a teachers’ conference and they are telling the teachers “do not tell the children to obey anymore, obey is too strong. Tell them to cooperate”.
When I was in school, teachers did not ask for your cooperation. They commanded it, and you obeyed. They did not ask for your opinion. They say “sit!” and you sit. “Fem” means shut up and if you speak a word after that time, you are in trouble.
It is so bad. Something is wrong somewhere. Criminals are walking on the streets while the good people are behind bars. No authority in the home, school or even the church; and many churches apply mentholatum to cancer and this is a serious problem.
We have powerless Christianity, christians are married to sin, many of these young people are drinking the waters of fornication day and night, we have plenty of stingy members who are stingy towards God but are praying for blessings.
We have members who are glued to the world. We have a lot of spiritual laziness. Also Bible illiteracy: plenty of people do not read their Bible and do not know their Bibles.
There is plenty of prayer allergy and the church is becoming an organization of entertainment freaks who just want to be entertained. Many have lost the focus of heaven. Some have never even seen angels before talk less of saying they have seen God.
Many have this darkened vision; they cannot see beyond their noses spiritually. There is plenty of unbelief among believers, plenty of lack of discipleship.
Then we have this large array of spiritual bats. One leg in the church, one leg in the world. They dress one way to church, they dress another way outside. We have people who do not witness to anybody about Christ at all.
People avoid evangelism. Plenty of shallow christians, Holiness failures, Zero righteousness, Zero revival. Plenty of people who come to church only pray when they come to church. At home, the altars are dead.
They commit sin but there is no sorrow for that sin; they do not feel sorry that they have offended God and a lot of present day believers love to follow visions instead of the word of God.
We have plenty of people who run to places of people who should run to them for prayers. Fake prophets and prophecies all over the place and the reason they are still in business is because people are patronising them.
People do not respect God anymore, they fight in churches and plenty of pastors are becoming business pastors. There is a death of intercession. Many people do not like prayer warriors and intercessions.
And there is plenty of hypocrisy. A lot of hell-bound workers in the house of God. A lot of delinquent pastors and children. There is a conversion of church of God to markets in most places. Sacrificial life is zero.
People come to church, talk but do not take any action. Rebellious workers, lack of baptism of fire. All this is evidence that there is no revival. That is why the psalmist says “wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?”
Know for sure beloveth that God is a God of preparation. Every city that Jesus went to when He was on earth, He sent His disciples two by two ahead for preparation.
John the Baptist was sent for preparation. He said “I am the voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the Lord.”
Noah prepared for 120 years before the flood. The apostles prepared for 10 days before the baptism of the Holy Spirit. So, God is a God of preparation.
On the day of preparation you do double the work so that you do not work on the day you should not work. The lightening comes before the thunder as a preparation. God is a God of preparation.
Would to God that all of us here this morning would say “Father, I want revival in my soul, I want my life to be a terror to darkness. I want to carry your power. I want to become a power generator. I want to be a rewriter of history.”
Would to God that there would be somebody here like that today who will cry to the heavens and say “O God arise and revive my life” and who will say it seriously until you can feel the fire in your soul.
Without that revival:
- There would be problems.
- They would be killing Christians.
- All kinds of forces would be eliminating believers and that is the truth.
- All kinds of things would be happening. They would capture believers.
Kidnappers would capture Christians. Armed robbers would be raiding everywhere because there is no revival. We have remained as we are and the enemy has improved beyond where we left them.
PRAY: [Close your eyes and raise your right hand to the heavenlies]:
Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, revive me, in the name of Jesus!
To prepare means to:
- Make ready.
- Make yourself suitable.
- Train for a specific task.
- Equip or to furnish.
- Rehearse ahead of time.
- Set the ground work.
- Arm with necessary weapons.
- Be thoroughly furnished with whatever it takes to succeed.
- Armed with the necessary information for success.
- To undergo drilling, test, mental examination so as to be equipped for a task.
- Clean up the environment for eventual habitation.
So that is why God Himself is a God of preparation. He took 40 years to prepare Moses. He first sent him to the wilderness to understudy how to look after cattle in preparation for now looking after a crowd of people.
He prepared Peter. He first of all saw him catching fish. He now made him a Fisher of men. Jesus took 30 years to start His work. God is a God of preparation.
When you do not prepare, like the white man says: “when you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.” Revival is needed today in our personal lives and in the church.
You and I have only one life to live and we are going to cross this place only once. Have you ever thought about it, what would be written about you when you leave this place?
We all must have a personal revival. Let us start this personal revival on time now before
- Our Bibles are collected and burnt.
- Christians are publicly shot.
- They spur us into action.
- Our children begin to smoke cigarette and puff the smoke into our faces.
- The enemies begin to laugh at us.
When there is revival:
- You have a new obedience to God. A revival would always include conviction of sin, on your part and on the part of the church.
- Backsliders would engage in deep searching of the heart.
- The fountain of sin would be broken up.
- Christians would see their sins as leprosy to be removed.
- Christians would have their faith renewed.
- Christians would feel sad that there are unbelievers outside who do not know Christ.
- Christians would be in agony because of those who wish to be saved. With strong tears, they would beseech God to touch them.
- Salvation of sins would automatically follow.
We need revival in our lives and in the church of God. When there is lack of brotherly love in the church, revival is needed.
When unbelievers begin to mock our God, revival is needed. If we must avert the judgment of God, revival is needed. If we do not have that revival, unbelievers would laugh at us.
We really should not blame sinners for not being converted. We should blame ourselves for not being revived. When the wickedness of the wicked grieves the believer, revival is needed. Failure to have revival today comes from unrepentant Christians.
When revival comes,
- People would be more concerned about their souls than about money.
- It will need no advertisement.
- Sinners would break down and cry.
- Darkness would see believers and begin to run.
- Signs and wonders would be a normal thing.
- Miracles would be happening before anybody even says any prayers.
- God will begin to bring revelation.
- People will gather and the only discussion they have is about God.
We need revival and we need to prepare for that revival. How?
- We need to repent from all sins.
- We need to kill the flesh so that the flesh does not control our destinies.
- We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We need to be Bible addicts.
- We need to be prayer addicts.
- We need to discover God’s purpose for our lives as quickly as we can.
- We need to obtain regular and consistent retreat.
- We must be very busy for God.
So, for those who want revival in their souls, they must have this rugged determination: “look, I am tired of my present level. I do not want to remain like this anymore. I want to become what God wants me to become. I want to climb the ladder of power.”
“I want to be at a level which I say ‘I bind this or that’, when they see me, they run. I want to be at a level where my word carries authority and power. I want to be at a level where my word has respect in heaven and in hell fire.”
You want revival in your soul? Double the current prayer life you have. Double your Bible reading now. Double your fasting now. Double your consecration now.
Be more serious with the Almighty now. And then when everyone is revived as individuals and we repent from our sins and the devil has no point against us and then we gather together like this, it is easy for the fire to spark because we are all revived.
“Will thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?”
[Before Ministration Prayers By Daddy GO]
- Every power planning my disgrace, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
- Thou power of repeated problems, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
[After Ministration Prayers]
[Lay your right hand on your chest and sing this song again 7 times]:
Send down revival Lord
Let it start within my soul
Holy Ghost revival, Pentecostal fire!
- My Father, give me the engine of prayer, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil hand holding my leg in the spirit realm, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
- Powers blocking my progress, catch fire and trouble me no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power calling me satanic names in the spirit realm, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus.
- Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, bless me beyond my superiors, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, expose all the enemies hiding in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers assigned to laugh me to scorn, I shall laugh last over you, in the name of Jesus.
- Every witchcraft power hunting for my virtues, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
- Every gathering sponsored to punish me, scatter in the name of Jesus.
- [Lay your hand on your tummy and pray 3 acidic times]:
Every glory stolen from me through food, I recover you now, in the name of Jesus.
- It is time O Lord, lift me up, in the name of Jesus.
- [Stamp your feet on the ground as you pray]:
This ground will not swallow my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- O hand of God arise, rewrite my story to glory, in the name of Jesus.