You are reading RCCG Open Heaven Daily Devotional, Monday 7th December 2020 Message by Pastor E.A Adeboye
TOPIC: Divine Prosperity
“And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth.” – (Deuteronomy 28:1)
READ: Genesis 1:26-30 (KJV)
26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat; and it was so.
Open Heaven for 7th December 2020 MESSAGE:
When God created the earth, He looked at it and saw that it was very good (Genesis 1:31). Afterwards, He gave mankind dominion over all the resources. As a result, prosperity became the inheritance of every man. Unfortunately, man lost these benefits after falling into sin. Thankfully, God raised a second Adam to reconcile man to Himself.
Beloved, as soon as you are reconciled to God by connecting to the second Adam – Jesus Christ, whatever God has will become yours. What does God have? He owns the cattle upon a thousand hills (Psalms 50:10), so you should not lack food. Among other things, gold and silver also belong to Him (Haggai 2:8).
Being God’s child means you have a mansion in the most beautiful estate ever, where the ground is paved with gold. Isn’t that wonderful?
“But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth, that He may establish his covenant which He sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.” – Deuteronomy 8:18
If we would enjoy divine prosperity, we must not forget God because it is only through His power we can get wealth. This means if someone does not have enough power to get wealth, most likely, such a person has forgotten God.
Have you forgotten God? How is your relationship with Him? When last did you praise and worship Him alone without making requests? When last did you study your Bible all by yourself?
Those who have not forgotten God obey His every word, so He gives them everything they ask for. Job 36:11 says:
“If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.”
Seek God first. Prosperity will follow (Matthew 6:33). God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).
If you want to prosper, stay close to God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 28 – THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be season refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing:
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, Oh Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honour Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing;
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now, as to God, we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
Open Heaven for 7th December 2020 Message was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries