MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 23 March 2021, Tuesday Message By Dr. D.K Olukoya
Topic: Keys for Thriving in Marriage-Lifelong Commitment (2)
Fire Scripture: Prov. 31: 10-30
Memory Verse: Proverbs 31: 11 – “The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.”
Outline: Priscilla, the faithful wife of Aquila, stands out as a good example for godly women. In the Bible, she was best described as an ideal partner whose life and works synchronised with the original purpose of God for making the woman as revealed in Genesis 2: 18. Priscilla was her husband’s constant companion. The saying “two hearts that beat as one” is true of this couple (Mark 10:8)
Moreover her life epitomised the vivid picture painted by King Lemuel in Proverbs 31:10-30. These verses capture the essence of the expectation of God from every woman. Indeed, Priscilla and her husband (Aquila) typify what an ideal partnership really is. There were only a few references made to this couple in the New Testament, but it is interesting to note that never was Priscilla mentioned without the mention of her husband and vice versa.
The ﬁrst time we read of this couple is in Acts. 18:2. After this comes other similar scripture passages that capture the life and activities of this uncommon wife with her husband. Acts 18:26; Romans 16: 3 – 4 and 2 Timothy 4: 9 say, “Salute Priscilla and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.” These six passages are the only portions in scripture where references are made to Priscilla and her husband.
Quite impressive, however, is the fact that they were never separated. Unity was their lifestyle. Every time you needed them, they were both available. Every time the Lord came knocking at their door, they were both there to receive Him. Every time the church called for selﬂess service, they were both enlisted as volunteers. Every time there was an individual to disciple, equip and develop to maturation, they were both prepared for the task.
Even in secular employment, they were united. In Romans 12: 1 – 3, we learn that there are three characteristics of consecration: It is a voluntary decision, a personal decision and a sacriﬁcial decision. Pricilla and Aquila were exemplary couple and disciples of Jesus Christ.
When you give up your will for God’s will, you will hear the voice of God (Acts 13: 2). I encourage you to emulate the virtues of the Christian couple.
Motivational Quote: Every good marriage has trust as one of the pillars on which it rests.
Prophetic Word: Your home shall not become a battlefield, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN – Happy the home when God is there
1. Happy the home when God is there
And love fills every one,
When with united work and prayer
The Master’s will is done.
2. Happy the home where God’s strong love
Is starting to appear,
Where all the children hear His fame
And parents hold Him dear.
3. Happy the home where prayer is heard
And praise is everywhere,
Where parents love the sacred Word
And its true wisdom share.
4. Lord, let us in our homes agree
This blessed peace to gain;
Unite our hearts in love to Thee,
And love to all will reign.
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 23 March 2021 PRAYER POINTS
1) Blood of Jesus Christ, purge filthiness out of my marital life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2) By the blood of Jesus Christ, I destroy defilement in my marital life, in the name of Jesus.
3) The decree of the wicked over my marriage shall not prosper, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4) Lord, by Your mercy and the blood of Jesus, qualify my marriage for Your eternal home in heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5) Evil will not swallow my marital life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6) My marriage, ignite the fire of God and become untouchable for the enemies, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7) Father, make me and my spouse exemplary couple and worthy ambassadors of Jesus Christ, in thename of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 23 March 2021. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya