MFM Daily Devotional Monday 15th February 2021 (Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional By Dr. D.K Olukoya)
TOPIC: Christ’s Second Coming: Proving Scoffers Wrong (I)
2 Peter 3:1-10
MFM Daily Devotional Monday 15th February 2021 Outline
The Second Coming of Christ is undeniably a major theme in the prophecy of the Old and New Testaments. Regardless of what scoffers say, Jesus is coming (2 Peter 3:3-10). The rewards that are attached to Christ’s second coming are so great that it would be a colossal loss for anyone to miss them. The first step to take in order to earn the great rewards is to believe that Christ will return.
As a believer, you are not just to believe this central Christian doctrine but to also teach others to believe it. Acts 26:18 summarises your role in saving others like this: “… to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.”
In order to reveal the truth of Christ’s return to unbelievers, doubters and scoffers and win them for Christ, we will examine biblical proofs of Christ’s second coming.
First, God promised that Jesus Christ, His Son, will return. God cannot lie. He is called the Promise Keeper. From the beginning (Genesis 3:15) to end (Malachi 4:2), the entire Old Testament is filled with prophecies of the coming Deliverer. Similarly, almost all the New Testament chapters affirm the second coming of Christ. Since God promised it, it will be fulfilled just as all His promises on the first advent of Christ were all fulfilled.
Second, Christ Himself, in His earthly teachings, affirmed His Second Coming (Matthew 24; Luke 21). During His trial, He told the High Priest, “You will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven” (Mark 14:62).
Also, on the night of His betrayal, He told the disciples, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself” (John 14:2-3).
Beloved, not only is the credibility of God at stake in Christ’s Second Coming, but so is the credibility of His Son. God will be true even if every man is a liar (Romans 3:4). It is impossible for Him to lie (Hebrew 6:18). Believe that Christ will return, and be saved from doom and damnation.
Acts 1:11- Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
The first time, Christ came to slay sin in men. The second time, He will come to slay men in sin.
When Christ returns, you will not be left behind, in the name of Jesus.
The Lord will come
1. The Lord will come and not be slow,
His footsteps cannot err;
Before Him righteousness shall go,
His royal harbinger.
2. Truth from the earth, like to a flower,
Shall bud and blossom then;
And justice, from her heavenly bower,
Look down on mortal men.
3. Rise, God, judge Thou the earth in might,
This wicked earth redress;
For Thou art He who shall by right
The nations all possess.
4. For great Thou art, and wonders great
By Thy strong hand are done:
Thou in Thy everlasting seat
Remainest God alone.
MFM Daily Devotional Monday 15th February 2021 PRAYER POINTS
1. Come, Lord Jesus, and fulfil Your gracious promise to me to receive me to Yourself.
2. Come, Lord Jesus, and help me to live for You as I wait, watch and work, so that I shall not be ashamed at Your coming.
3. Come, Lord Jesus, for I am waiting to see you as You are, and to be changed into Your likeness.
4. Lord Jesus, when You return, You will find me and my brothers and sisters in Christ, dressed and ready for service with our lamps fully fueled and burning brightly.
5. Father, give me the grace to wait patiently and be prepared for Christ’s second coming, in the name of Jesus.
6. Come, Lord Jesus, for only then will my union with You and my vision be one of sight and not just one of faith.
7. I shall not miss the rewards at Christ second coming, in the name of Jesus.
Bible In One Year
The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya.