MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2020 – Mercy for the Anointed
Hab. 3:2-13; Ps. 85:6
Romans 11:29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.”
MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2020 Outline
If there is anyone who needs mercy, it is the Lord’s anointed. The chosen ones are very few but it is the special group of people who need mercy with the world’s terrible situation, we need mercy and deliverance, as can be gleaned from the story below.
A man of God was travelling by air to a destination. When he located his seat in the plane, he wanted to go and sit down but there was a man blocking his way to his seat. He wanted to ask the man to allow him to have access to his seat but noticed that the man was praying, so he waited for him to finish. After a while, he went and sat down and turned to the man and said, “God bless you, I can see you are a child of God.”
To his amazement the man shouted at him and said, “I am not praying to your God, I am praying to Satan so that I can destroy Christians.” The man of God was so shocked that he almost fell off his seat. After they got to their destination, the man came down from the plane but the man of God noticed that the man had forgotten a document on his seat. The document contains Satan’s agenda. The document contained strategies mapped out during the meeting with his principalities, agents and powers on how to destroy Christians. The document was titled, “The game plan of the enemy against Christians.”
Two of the points underscored in the documents are:
1. Don’t permit Christians to read the Bible- Make them interested in reading anything but the Bible. Make them read magazines and books from the library that will weaken their spiritual lives, so that when temptations come, they will not have any support against them. Beloved, how many times do you read your Bible? Do you make concrete efforts to read your Bible every day? Do you find your Bible very interesting to read?
2. Make Christians too lazy to pray- Make them to become prayerless. Prayerlessness, which is inadequate prayers, prayers with no focus, scattered prayers, the state of not being attentive or not being alert or fervent when praying, being unable to pray even when there is a serious problem to solve is one strategy aimed at diverting Christians from there channel of power dislocation, their intimacy with God, destroying the walking stick with which Christians work with God, their father, master and the strength of their lives.
Today’s passages show that God is the only source of mercy. Seek His face and you shall receive mercy.
If you have stayed in a location that is completely dry, you may need to seek God’s face for divine relocation. The dew of heaven will always be found where God has established for your success and progress in life.
If Elijah with his legs could overtake Someone who was on the horse, then you shall overtake.
Come unto Me and rest
I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down Thy head upon My breast.”
I came to Jesu
s as I was, weary and worn and sad; I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.
I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.
I heard the voice of Jesus say, “I am this dark world’s Light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright.”
I looked to Jesus, and I found in Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk, till traveling days are done.
1. I shall laugh my enemies to scorn after the order of Elijah, in the name of Jesus.
2. This year, I shall sing my song and dance my dance, in the name of Jesus.
3. O God arise and give me a turnaround miracle, in the name of Jesus.
1. Do something in my life, O Lord, that will make men to celebrate me, in the name of Jesus.
2. God arise and open Your treasures unto me, in the name of Jesus.
3. God arise and give me open heavens, in the name of Jesus.
4. O Lord, make me a candidate of supernatural surprises, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2020 Today’s Message (Mountain Top Life Devotional) was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide