TOPIC: The Light That Liberates
TEXT: Job 28:1-11
1. Surely there is a vein for the silver, and a place for gold where they fine it.
2. Iron is taken out of the earth, and brass is molten out of the stone.
3. He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection; the stones of darkness, and the shadow of death.
4. The flood breaketh out from the inhabitant; even the waters forgotten of the foot; they are dried up, they are gone away from men.
5. As for the earth, out of it cometh bread; and under it is turned up as it were fire.
6. The stones of it are the place of sapphires; and it hath dust of gold.
7. There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture’s eye hath not seen;
8. The lion’s whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it.
9. He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots.
10. He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing.
11. He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.
“He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection: the stones of darkness, and the shadow of death.” – (Job 28:3)
Deeper Life Daily Manna 15th February 2021 Devotional MESSAGE:
Based on research, scientists have established the fact that when someone who has stayed long in darkness suddenly encounters a bright light, he does not immediately adjust. At first, he seems dazzled. It takes a while before his eyeballs properly capture the images sent to the brain for interpretation. This is what scientific parlance calls “accommodation”.
The passage today is a prophetic revelation about Christ. Job stated that God would put an end to darkness and the shadow of death. This statement was fulfilled in Jesus Christ, the Light of the world who ended the work of darkness and death by His defeat of the devil at Calvary and gave authority to man. “In him was life; and the life was the light of men” (John 1:4). This verse reveals some fundamental truths to us. One, without Christ, the world would be in total moral and spiritual darkness. Two, everyone born into the world would be born into the world of darkness, whose ruler is the devil. Three, Jesus is the only Light that illuminates the lives of men and shows them the way out of the kingdom of darkness.
Christ’s mission is to deliver everyone who receives Him, from a life of darkness into a life of light and gladness. “…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8).
Those who have made Christ the Lord of their lives have become children of light; they are separated from the kingdom of darkness. While the children of darkness live without any regard for God’s word or their eternal destiny, we should live in constant awareness of our new and unique status. Have you invited Him into your life? If yes, then arise and spread the Word. Let the people who are still in darkness see the light of God’s salvation through you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Jesus is the Light that liberates from darkness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Deeper Life Daily Manna 15th February 2021 DCLM Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.