DCLM Daily Manna 1 November 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Holiness In God’s Presence
TOPIC: Holiness In God’s Presence
TEXT: Exodus 24:1-11
1. And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.
2. And Moses alone shall come near the LORD; but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.
3. And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments; and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.
4. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
5. And he sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD.
6. And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7. And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people; and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
8. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.
9. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel;
10. And they saw the God of Israel; and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand; also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
“Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness” – (Exodus 24:9,10).
”For the called, the vision of God is not destructive but safety and joy. We meet the unveiling, not only of infinite holiness, but also of infinite love. The vision of divine glory was a wonder and delight and the place of vision became a place of feasting” (Rev H. T. Robjohns). It is usually believed that no mortal can see God and live. But it is different when it is God Himself that invites you into His presence. What a glorious experience this usually is!
DCLM Daily Manna 1 November 2019 – Holiness In God’s Presence
Moses and selected elders of Israel had this very rare and unique privilege. The Lord Himself had invited them to come up to Him. But like we would do when we receive a call from a top and very important personality – we would have a clean wash and make ourselves ready for the visit – Moses ensured that he and the others were spiritually ready. The Lord welcomed them with delight. He made them see His majestic glory and holiness.
In like manner, the Lord delights we see Him each time we come into His presence. We are not to dread His presence but derive great delight whenever we come before Him. Our personal devotion period, fellowship, worship and time of personal and corporate retreats are great moments that God uses to reveal His presence and glory. No matter how melodious our praises may sound, if our lives are not clean and holy, God cannot inhabit such worship. Holiness is revealed in our readiness to accept and obey His revealed word. This is what it takes to see God.
Seeing God should not be a once-and-for-all experience. It should be our daily delight and privilege. This can truly be if we maintain a daily life of holiness and obedience to His word. What a glorious delight!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Holiness invites God’s presence.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 1 November 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria