Topic: Know Jesus, Know God
TEXT: John 8:13-20(NKJV)
13. The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”
14. Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.
- “You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.
- “And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I [am] with the Father who sent Me.
“It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.
- “I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”
- Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”
- These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come.
STUDY: God is light and this light is fully represented in Jesus who is mandated by God, the Father, as the Saviour of the world. The fall in the Garden of Eden imposed darkness upon man, cast him away from God’s presence and had him awaiting the time of perfect redemption through the seed of the woman (Gen. 3:15).
Out of love, Jesus accepted to come into the world in human form for our salvation. Those who accept. Jesus as their Saviour are filled with the light of the truth that leads them without error. No man would claim to know God without having known Jesus. In Him dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Col. 2:9); and no man comes to the father but by Him (Jn. 14:6).
Arguments abound as to the right way to the Father. Jesus said it boldly that any man who knows Him, already knows the Father. The implication of this statement is that any man who does not know Him, and has not accepted His death on the cross as being sufficient for the forgiveness of his sins, does not know God. This record is true. Do you know God?
PRAYER: Lord, may I walk in the light of God as fully represented in Jesus. Amen.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies.” (Psalm 60:11)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2 September 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.