TOPIC: Learn from Experience!
TEXT: Romans 15:4-13(NKJV)
4. For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
5. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
6. that you may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
8. Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] to the fathers,
9. and that the Gentiles might glorify God for [His] mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”
10. And again he says: “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!”
11. And again: “Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples!”
12. And again, Isaiah says: “There shall be a root of Jesse; And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, In Him the Gentiles shall hope.”
13. Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 6th December 2020 Message
STUDY: Our relationship with God should be a daily guideline for living;the Bible should be our guideline in decision-making. As we study the Bible and know what God has done in the past years, it will help us to build our confidence on what He will do in the days ahead. The more we know God through His word, the more we build our trust in Him. As we grow in faith and come to know Jesus better, we will develop the attitude of love towards other Christians. Verses 8 and 9 show that Jesus came to bring the truth to the Jews and create access for the Gentiles to glorify Him. Everyone is part of God’s plan for salvation;there is no more barrier to anyone who accepts God’s gift of salvation.
God expects us to promote oneness, regardless of our individual backgrounds. Love among brethren needs not to be disregarded. Our tribal and ethnic sentiments should not be allowed to destroy our high gift of oneness from God. Whether Jews or Gentiles, we are one! The word of God should be our daily bread, not food for special occasions. God is worthy of your trust; He has been your help in years past. Still trust Him for other things you expect from Him. Past experience and help you have received from Him should build your confidence for success in the expectations you have in Him.
Action: Reflect on victories you have recorded in the past through God’s help and anchor your hope on Him as you present your needs today.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.”— Billy Graham
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 6th December 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.