Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2nd December 2020 Message
TOPIC: You Will Make It
TEXT: Exodus 2:1-10(NKJV)
1. And a man of the house of Levi went and took [as wife] a daughter of Levi.
2. So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he [was] a beautiful [child,] she hid him three months.
3. But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid [it] in the reeds by the river’s bank.
4. And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him.
5. Then the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river. And her maidens walked along the riverside; and when she saw the ark among the reeds, she sent her maid to get it.
6. And when she had opened [it,] she saw the child, and behold, the baby wept. So she had compassion on him, and said, “This is one of the Hebrews’ children.”
7. Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for you?”
8. And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the maiden went and called the child’s mother.
9. Then Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give [you] your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him.
10. And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. So she called his name Moses, saying, “Because I drew him out of the water.”
STUDY: With strong faith and courage, one can change difficult situations. Any person who does not see what this woman (Moses’ mother) did from the point of view of faith, will consider her action as a reckless courage. Imagine what it means for a woman to surrender her son to be killed because a fellow human being issued such an order. It took faith for the woman to sustain the child for 3 months before resolving to make an Ark of bulrushes for him and kept him by the river’s bank. One thing is sure, the life of a person whom God has a special interest in can never be destroyed. Moses survived because he was born to deliver others. Everything works according to God’s plan because God works in a mysterious way.
God makes a way where there is no way; He can change situations for good irrespective of how helpless and hopeless they may look. Don’t give up;keep on trusting in His words and saving grace. Our text today gives an account of a difficult experience for a family, yet God saved the life of the child and secured his future. God will intervene in your own case; He will work out His purpose in your family. Nobody will destroy your life or your future. Only trust and obey Him.
PRAYER: Rock of ages cleft for me, let me hide myself and my future in you.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.”– Matt Chandler
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2nd December 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.