Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 18 November 2021 Thursday Message
TOPIC: Serve The Lord With Wisdom
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:9-14(NKJV)
9. And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out [and] set in order many proverbs.
10. The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and [what was] written [was] upright — words of truth.
11. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
12. And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books [there is] no end, and much study [is] wearisome to the flesh.
13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.
14. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.
Daily Fountain Devotional 18 November 2021 Message
Wisdom is the ability to use your experience and knowledge in order to make sensible decisions or judgements. However, Scripture recognises that not everyone has wisdom; (there is godly wisdom; even as we have earthly wisdom); hence, Apostle James encourages anyone who lacks it to ask the LORD who gives liberally and upbraideth not (Jas. 1:5). Again, requesting wisdom from God is even wisdom. The first man known in the Bible to ask for wisdom was young King Solomon (1 Kings 3:5-13), and in response, God gave him more than he asked for.
There are many benefits of wisdom top among which is the ability to know The Living God, and serve Him wholeheartedly. Psalm 14:1 states thus: “The fool hath said in his heart there is no God.” This “foolishness” does not mean absence of intelligence, but the non-admittance of one’s sinfulness. It was godly wisdom that made King Solomon to conclude that the whole matter about the duty of man is “To fear God and keep His commandment.
‘All about life is not life itself- it is to seek first the kingdom of God (Matt. 6:33). It is wisdom to know God, worship Him, and obey His laws. Everyone who does not serve the Christian God lacks wisdom, and is therefore counselled to seek same from God.
PRAYER: Father, I ask from You this day to grant opportunity to everyone who is yet to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour, the grace so to do.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“I’ve learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 18 November 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.