Topic: The Effect Of Wisdom And Of Foolishness
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 10:12-20(NKJV)
12. The words of a wise man’s mouth [are] gracious, But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up;
13. The words of his mouth begin with foolishness, And the end of his talk [is] raving madness.
14. A fool also multiplies words. No man knows what is to be; Who can tell him what will be after him?
15. The labor of fools wearies them, For they do not even know how to go to the city!
16. Woe to you, O land, when your king [is] a child, And your princes feast in the morning!
17. Blessed [are] you, O land, when your king [is] the son of nobles, And your princes feast at the proper time — For strength and not for drunkenness!
18. Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.
19. A feast is made for laughter, And wine makes merry; But money answers everything.
20. Do not curse the king, even in your thought; Do not curse the rich, even in your bedroom; For a bird of the air may carry your voice, And a bird in flight may tell the matter.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 13 November 2021 STUDY:
Wisdom is the ability to use knowledge and experience to make good decisions and judgments. On the other hand, foolishness is the quality of being unwise, stupid or not showing good judgment. Wisdom as an important principle of success, guides every action or man: His speech, decision, when to take action and when not to act, etc. In verse 12 of our text, it is wisdom that guides the wise man In his choice of words, leading him to win favour.
Verse 17 states that kings and princes are led by wisdom to know when to feast and when to work. On the other hand, foolishness results in failure. The fool brings destruction upon himself through his words (vv. 12-13). Indeed foolishness is a disease. No wonder the Psalmist notes thus, “The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. “(Psalm 14:1).
Beloved, wisdom is a great asset for every child of God. You must therefore seek wisdom and possess it. Wisdom is life and success and makes us understand that the end has come, so as to prepare. Psalm 90:12 says, “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Always remember that wisdom comes from God. Therefore, “If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God… and it shall be given him. “(James 1:5).
PRAYER: Heavenly Father purge me of every form of foolishness
and fill me with Your divine wisdom, that I may live aright to Your praise and glory. Amen.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Having the answers is not essential to living. What is essential is the sense of God’s presence during dark seasons of questioning.”— Ravi Zacharias
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 13 November 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.