Topic: Are You Wicked?
TEXT: Romans 1:18-31(NKJV)
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19. because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown [it] to them.
20. For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
- because, although they knew God, they did not glorify [Him] as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- Professing to be wise, they became fools,
and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
- For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; [they are] whisperers,
backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
- undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
STUDY: God will never lower His standards because of any person. In fact, the faithlessness of men will never make void the faithfulness of God. In today’s reading, Paul explicitly declared the actions of the wicked. By their wickedness, they suppress the truth deliberately; they hold the truth in unrighteousness. God made His invisible nature and power plain to them through things He created but they refused to honour God – they preferred to be futile, senseless and darkened fools. Instead of the Creator, they worship creatures. Are you wicked, despite your position in the Church?
By their fruits, we shall know them, not by their earthly titles! Some women in the church now exchange natural relations for unnatural; not only as lesbians clamouring for same- sex marriage but in their dressing. nudity reigns. Compare many women in the church today with artificial beauty and makeup and the holy women in the bible with their natural God-given beauty, without any form of makeup and attachment. Even men are not excluded (Rom. 1:26).
Their reprobate minds led them to improper conduct; covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, gossip, lies, heartless invention of evil, disobedience, etc. There is no peace for the wicked whatever a man sows, that he will reap. Repent or likewise, you will perish (Lk. 13:5).
PRAYER: God in Your mercy, deliver me from wicked actions in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him …” (Psalm 37:4-7)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 15 September 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.