Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 15 November 2021 Monday Message
TOPIC: Don’t Be Discouraged, Keep Sowing
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 11:1-6(NKJV)
1. Cast your bread upon the waters, For you will find it after many days.
2. Give a serving to seven, and also to eight, For you do not know what evil will be on the earth.
3. If the clouds are full of rain, They empty [themselves] upon the earth; And if a tree falls to the south or the north, In the place where the tree falls, there it shall lie.
4. He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.
5. As you do not know what [is] the way of the wind, [Or] how the bones [grow] in the womb of her who is with child, So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.
6. In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike [will be] good.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 15 November 2021
STUDY: Sowing time is never sweet or easy; there may be discouragements because of pests or delays in germinating and fruiting. But sowing is necessary if harvest is anticipated. The wise Man encourages us in today’s reading to keep sowing, not minding the weather conditions. We sow in the service of God in various departments of the church, and in the lives of others, sometimes, with little or no appreciation. Don’t be discouraged, keep sowing, for in due time, you will reap if you faint not (Gal. 6:9)
Human beings may reward your efforts with negative comments or outright denial or pay you evil for your good. Remember, your rewarder is coming. “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love which you show towards His name in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister (Heb. 12:10). So keep sowing, surely in harvest time, you will reap some, if not all.
PRAYER: Dear Lord. please help me not to be discouraged in my services to You and mankind.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he’s moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain.”– Randy Alcorn
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 15 November 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.