TOPIC: The Reality of Spiritual Slavery
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Nahum 3:1-4
MEMORY VERSE: Revelation 18:2“And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.”
OUTLINE: What we are looking at today in our devotional study is the fact that spiritual slavery is real. Evil powers have enslaved multitudes. Individuals are not free. Families are under bondages, a lot of things are going wrong. The average family today is going through serious complications. This makes us to understand that many families have been sold into witchcraft and slavery and need to be released.
Some years ago, a young man and a woman came to see me. The woman was about 47 years old and the young man was about 17. He was actually a boy but was fully-grown. They told me that there was a problem and I was listening. They found it difficult to tell me what the problem was. Eventually, they summed up courage and the boy introduced the woman as his mother. He said there was a mistake. The mistake was that he found himself having sexual intercourse with his mother and now, the mother was pregnant. They wanted to know what to do.
As a minister of God, I made it clear that the act is sinful and abominable in the sight of God. As for the consequence, which is pregnancy, if they aborted, they have sinned because the Bible says, ‘Thou shall not kill.’ If they left it, it was an abomination. What then is the solution? I later found out that the boy’s father did the same thing to his own mother, which means it is a disease running in the family. It is bondage, a yoke, and a terrible thing that has to be broken.
There was a family where 11 people died within a month. Only two were left, they were Christians but one died later because he did not listen to instructions. He travelled when he shouldn’t have and he died in an accident.This is a yoke that needs to be broken, a family disease and prison which needs to be prayed against.
Today’s passage shows that individual families and nations need serious prayer. The battle against spiritual slavery must be fought and won.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: The voice of God can send your enemies on a panic flight. They will begin to run helter-skelter under hot pursuit. The voice of God will cause such a panic that the enemy will go into fits of madness.
PROPHETIC WORD: Any battle assigned to terminate me shall be terminated in the name of Jesus.
MFM Daily Devotional 20 July 2020 Hymn – Abide with me; fast falls the eventide
1. Abide with me, fast falls the eventide,
The darkness deepens, Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me!
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life?s little day,
Earth?s joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see
O Thou who changest not, abide with me!
3. I need Thy presence every passing hour,
What but Thy grace can foil the tempters power?
Who like Thyself my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord abide with me!
4. I fear no foe with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness,
Where is death’s sting?
Where, grave thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
5. Come not in terror, as the King of Kings,
But kind and good with healing in Thy wings;
Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea;
Come, friend of sinners, thus abide with me.
6. Hold Thou Thy word before my closing eyes,
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
Heaven?s morning breaks and earth?s
vain shadows flee
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me!
– Henry F. Lyte
1. Every bird of darkness on assignments against my destiny, be roasted, in the name of Jesus.
2. Let the thunder of God smite every evil priest working against me on the evil altar and burn them to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
3. I spray the blood of Jesus on the covens of witchcraft around me, in the name of Jesus.
1. Let every satanic priest ministering against me at evil altars fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Any power assigned to use me as sacrifice, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Any hand that wants to retaliate or arrest me because of all these prayers I am praying, dry up and wither, in the name of Jesus.
4. Wicked altars set up against me, set your owners ablaze, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Daily Devotional 20 July 2020 (Mountain Top Life Devotional) was written by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)