Understanding the Trials of Your Faith || Bible Study Series By Creflo Dollar Ministries
TOPIC: Understanding the Trials of Your Faith
• Hebrews 11:4-9, 11, 17, 39, 40 • Habakkuk 2:4 • Romans 1:17
• Galatians 3:11 • Hebrews 10:38 • Galatians 2:20
• Galatians 2:19-21, MSG • John 9:1-3 • 2 Timothy 3:12
• 2 Corinthians 12:10 • Matthew 5:10-12 • Luke 22:42, NLT
There is no such thing as a perfect life. Christians cannot expect to live free of trouble,
tribulation, or suffering; however, we must understand that these things mature us spiritually.
God’s grace has given us the faith of Jesus Christ. Our faith is imperfect and lacking in many
ways; Jesus’ faith has already been tested and proven to be perfect and complete. God can use
adversity and difficulties to teach us that we can do nothing without Him. Believing in His
faith, not in ours, gives us peace.
1. Before Christ, the people relied on their own faith; we now have His faith, which is
better. Living by our faith is good, but our faith can falter; living by Jesus’ faith is
much better. Putting our faith in His faith moves all of our self-effort out of the way.
- We no longer have to try to please God through self-effort and rule-keeping; that
does not work. We instead please God by believing Him.
We must not avoid trouble and suffering; God can use it to teach us that we need
The notion that Christians should never suffer is mistaken. We associate suffering,
trouble, and tribulation with sin; this is a wrong way of thinking. Just as fire burns
off the dross from gold and purifies it, God uses trouble to burn off self-centeredness
until we realize that we can’t do anything without Him.
Thanks for reading Understanding the Trials of Your Faith || Bible Study Series By Creflo Dollar Ministries