UCB Word For Today 29 June 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional Message (United Christian Broadcasters)
Read UCB Word For Today 29 June 2022 Devotional for Wednesday
TOPIC: Mind Your Mind
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: ‘For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.’ – Proverbs 23:7 NKJV
UCB Word For Today 29 June 2022 Devotional | MESSAGE
When we’re young, we’re told, ‘Mind your manners.’ When we launch out into a career, we’re told, ‘Mind your business.’ Well, here is some wise counsel that applies to all of life: ‘Mind your mind!’ When you lose out in that arena, you lose out everywhere else! In Proverbs 23, Solomon outlines six principles to live by when it comes to thinking:
1) Your thoughts determine your character. ‘For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.’ Before you tell a lie, you first entertain it and think like a liar. Before you commit adultery, you first entertain a fantasy. So if you don’t want to do something, stop dwelling on it!
2) Don’t waste your thoughts on people who don’t value them. ‘Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words’ (v. 9 NKJV).
3) The first person you must learn to lead is yourself. ‘Apply your heart to instruction, and your ears to words of knowledge’ (v. 12 NKJV). As long as you keep growing, you can keep leading.
4) Be sure your role models are people of principle and integrity. ‘Do not let your heart envy sinners’ (v. 17 NKJV).
5) Remain confident that the vision God has given you will come to pass. ‘Be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off’ (vv. 17-18 NKJV).
6) Remain steadfast in what you know is right. Don’t get side-tracked. ‘Hear…and be wise; and guide your heart in the way’ (v. 19 NKJV).
Bottom line: mind your mind.
- UCB Word For Today 29 June 2022
UCB Word For Today 29 June 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.