UCB Word For Today 20th September 2023, Wednesday Devotional
UCB Word For Today 20th September 2023 Wednesday Daily Devotional Message by United Christian Broadcasters
TOPIC: Christ Is Totally Credible (1)
‘Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished…said, “It is finished!”’
John 19:28-30 NKJV
What made great intellectuals like C. S. Lewis commit their lives to Christ? His credibility! Observe some of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled during His lifetime:
1) He would enter into Jerusalem on a donkey: ‘Behold, your King…He is just and having salvation, lowly and riding on a donkey’ (Zechariah 9:9 NKJV).
2) He would be betrayed by a friend: ‘My own familiar friend in whom I trusted…has lifted up his heel against me’ (Psalm 41:9 NKJV).
3) He would be sold for thirty pieces of silver: ‘So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver’ (Zechariah 11:12 KJV).
4) They would gamble for His garments: ‘They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots’ (Psalm 22:18 NKJV).
5) Not one of His bones would be broken: ‘He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken’ (Psalm 34:20 NKJV).
6) He would be buried in a rich man’s tomb: ‘He was put in a rich man’s grave’ (Isaiah 53:9 NLT).
7) That He would be raised again from the dead: ‘You will not leave my soul in Sheol, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption’ (Psalm 16:10 NKJV).
John records: ‘After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”’ In full possession of His mental faculties, with His mind unclouded, He checked off the prophecies He was supposed to fulfil right down to the last one, and said, ‘It is finished.’ Christ – He’s totally credible, and you can trust Him!
DAILY BIBLE READING: Isaiah 32-33, Ephesians 5
UCB Word For Today 20th September 2023. United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.