TOPIC: Give Thank To The Lord
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray that you order my steps today through your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: Psalm 136:1-26
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit? • Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow? • Is there any prayer for me to remember?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 11th February 2021 Message
Worship and show of gratitude to God should be a believer’s daily routine. But, how often do we do this? Is it forgetfulness, carelessness or presumption? Nevertheless, God continues to be faithful and generous, consistently dishing out favours and blessings, even to the ungrateful. As God’s people acknowledged here, their entire history has been full of miracles of mighty deliverances, divine provisions and guidance (vs.10-22). But thanking God is beyond mere personal and group benefits.
Despite His awesome power, God is eternally good in His character and personality (vs.1-3), as also manifested in creation (vs.4, 5-9), and how He cares for the entire world, especially the needy (vs.23 – 25). For all these and more, we must worship and thank God daily, all day and throughout our lives. We see this particularly highlighted in the refrain.
Israel developed worship songs to be sung by the entire community; with a leader and refrain, such as this Psalm. What can we do in our different situations to promote individual and group worship and gratitude to God (in families, churches and fellowship groups, neighbourhoods, workplaces, classrooms, etc)?
• Action: Start a journal with daily, weekly or monthly entries, indicating God’s specific interventions as He provides or delivers, heals, guides, etc.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever. • Pray against the spiritual strongholds militating against peace and unity in Nigeria
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Isa. 50-52; Mark 12:28-44
Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.