Open Heaven for Teens 9th February 2024 Message
Open Heaven For Teens 9th February 2024 Friday Daily Devotional Message by Pastor E.A Adeboye And Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye
TOPIC: How To Banish Lust (2)
MEMORISE: Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22
READ: Matthew 18:8-9
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Today. I will continue my teaching on how you can overcome lust. The following are crucial pitfalls to avoid:
1. Pornography: This creates unrealistic expectations and makes you dishonour God’s order of sex in marriage. Getting involved with pornography will only lead to destruction.
2. Obsession with social media: You must use social media with caution to avoid its many pitfalls. Be very careful with the duration of time you spend on social media. Also, do not engage in sensual conversations on social media so you don’t become influenced by the spirit of lust.
3. Avoid idleness: Most times, when people who have been exposed to sensual contents are idle, their minds will begin to wander sensually. Such people who are trying to overcome lust should avoid being idle because satan will try to tempt them again with lustful thoughts. Allow the Holy Spirit in your life and let Him fill your heart such that there will be no space for sensual thoughts. .
4 Prayerlessness: You must be prayerful. I encourage you to pray about your thoughts, worries, hopes, and dreams consistently. Talk to God about your feelings, and He will help and deliver you because He made you and He knows you.
The key to overcoming lust is to avoid its pitfalls.
HYMN 9 – DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher ev’ry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho’ it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher ev’ry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Exodus 29:1-30:10; Matthew 26:14-46
Open Heaven for Teens 9 February 2024 Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye & Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.