Open Heaven For Teens 12 November 2022 | Saturday Devotional By Pastor E.A Adeboye And Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye
Read Open Heaven For Teens 12 November 2022
TOPIC: The Best Teacher
1 Kings 17:8-16
8. And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
9. Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
10. So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
11. And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
12. And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
13. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
14. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
15. And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
16. And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) 2 Corinthians 9:10
Open Heaven For Teens 12 November 2022 Message
Have you ever been in a situation where you had to choose between giving someone your last penny or using it for your personal feeding as you didn’t know where your next meal would come from? That was
the experience of the widow of Zarephath in our Bible reading for today. With a son to feed and nobody to depend on, she must have been devastated when she realized that she had just one meager meal left for her and her son to eat, before dying of hunger due to the famine.
However, God saw her plight and sent help in disguise. If a prophet of God asks some teens of today to give their last penny, they would quickly take to twitter and say all manner of things about him. 1 Kings 17:9
“Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.”
From the above passage, it is clear that the widow had a relationship with God to have received the instructions to feed Elijah from Him. Her obedience to the instruction given was the secret to her lasting miracle. Dear child, everything can turn around for your good if you obey Gods instructions.
Ask God to guide you on how to turn your meal sin to breakthroughs.
Bible in One Year
Hebrews 9:1-28 , Ezekiel 1:1-28 , Ezekiel 2:1-10 , Ezekiel 3:1-27
Open Heaven for Teens 12 November 2022 Saturday Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye & Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.