In Touch Daily Devotions 25 May 2022, Wednesday Message | Read Charles Stanley In Touch Daily Devotions 25 May 2022 and be blessed
Charles Stanley In Touch Daily Devotions 25 May 2022 Message
TOPIC: Lessons in Sonship
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: John 8:25-59
In Touch Daily Devotions 25 May 2022 MESSAGE
Jesus’ assertion that He was the Son of God incited fury in the religious leaders of His day. Yet His explanation to them so many centuries ago helps us understand how to act like God’s children today:
• He spoke His Father’s words to the world (John 8:26). And we were given the same assignment: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15).
• Christ did nothing on His own initiative (John 8:28). Sonship requires surrender to the Father’s authority.
•The Son spoke as the Father taught Him (John 8:28). We should rely on the truth of God’s Word, not our own wisdom.
• Jesus did what pleased the Father (John 8:29). God’s children no longer live for their own pleasures but seek the joy of obeying their heavenly Father.
• Christ pursued the Father’s glory, not His own (John 8:49-50; John 8:54). In the same way, we’re to humble ourselves and exalt the Lord in our thoughts and behavior.
• He knew His Father (John 8:55). Like Christ, believers have the same privilege of intimacy with God.
We are God’s children only because of the faithful obedience of His Son. Christ opened the door for our adoption, showered us with blessings, and demonstrated how we are to walk in faith. Now we are to follow His example.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 8-10
THOUGHT FOR TODAY:As God’s Son, Jesus perfectly demonstrated for us what it means to be children of God.
In Touch Daily Devotions 25 May 2022 By Dr. Charles Stanley. He is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Stanley’s heart’s desire is to get the gospel to “as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, as irresistibly as possible, through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God.