TOPIC: What It Means To God
TEXT: Romans 13:8-14
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another; for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11. And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand; let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
”Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” – (Romans 13:8)
Deeper Life February Daily Manna 12th 2021 Devotional
A story was told of a woman in France, during the coronavirus pandemic, who took care of an infected neighbour until she recovered. All these she did at her own expense. This is love in action. Real love does not count the cost, knows no danger and forgets self.
Our text today calls Christians to practical love that fulfils the Law. God’s commandment is briefly comprehended in this saying: “Love your neighbour as yourself”. Love does not think, plan or work evil to his neighbour. In fulfilling the law, we must be obedient to it. By so doing, we become righteous. We then have the grace to love everyone, including our enemies. As we love, we cannot gossip, backbite, slander or curse anyone.
Love is the righteous way, as it helps us to be like God. It helps us to fulfil the laws of God. It helps us to be at peace with all and serve our Creator acceptably, thereby showing our love for Him. Love builds the Church, which Christ approves, as well as builds children in a godly way. Love forms our lives and character; helps us to reward others and show affection to our enemies as Christ has commanded. It also helps to fulfil all righteousness. Jesus said that it is a new commandment, which believers must obey as the evidence of true discipleship.
The debt we owe one another is love. Love others as yourself; be pitiful, courteous and forgiving. We cannot manifest love except it comes from Christ and His abiding presence. If we pray, the Lord will fill our hearts with His love.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
True love is a mark of true Christianity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Deeper Life Daily Manna 12th February 2021 DCLM Devotional Message was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.