Read DCLM Daily Devotional 18 November 2022 by God’s Anointed Servant, Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Your spirit will be lifted as you go through today’s Scripture, Key Verse, Message and Thought for the Day. God bless you as you continue reading…
DAILY MANNA FRIDAY TOPIC: Closing In
TEXT: Isaiah 13:6-16
<p>6. When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand;
7. In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
8. For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen; because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
9. The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
10. Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him; for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
12. As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
13. The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.
14. The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof; for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.
15. What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.
16. Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet;</p>
“Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.” – (Isaiah 13:6).
MESSAGE FOR DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL 18 NOVEMBER 2022
It is amazing how the world reacts to divine truths. The modern man responds to spiritual realities as though they were imaginative conjectures. While most people would not dare stand before a moving train (because the danger is real), they grin, chuckle and sneer at the revelation that a day of judgment will come, when God’s anger will be unleashed on the earth.
The events in our text describe the time of the great tribulation. This is one of the significant events in God’s end-time programme. It is variously described as the time of Jacob’s trouble; a day of darkness and of gloominess; a day of clouds and of thick darkness; a day of desolation. It will be characterised by woes, judgments, famines, bloody wars, explosions, plagues, terror, anguish, earthquakes, eruptions, etc. The purpose of the great tribulation is to make Israel suffer so that they can cry out to the Messiah whom they, at present, reject. It is also to judge the unbelieving men and women of all ages.
The Bible states that the great tribulation will happen after the rapture of the Church and will last for seven years. It will end at the second advent of Jesus Christ when He descends on Mount Olives for a-thousand-year reign on earth called the millennial reign of Christ. It is post-rapture because God will not want His children to pass through the tribulation, its judgment and destructions. So He will take His children away from earth before the great tribulation.
How we need to be conscious of this fact and make deliberate effort to escape God’s judgment. Whilst sinners must repent of all sins, believers must maintain a daily life of holiness. It is also important to continue to warn sinners of the need to escape this imminent day of doom before it is too late.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The day of reckoning is closing in.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 14-15
DCLM Daily Manna 18th November 2022 Devotional Message | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. He’s the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.