Read DCLM Daily Devotional 12 November 2022 by God’s Anointed Servant, Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Your spirit will be lifted as you go through today’s Scripture, Key Verse, Message and Thought for the Day. God bless you as you continue reading…
DAILY MANNA FRIDAY TOPIC: The Key To Learning
TEXT: Deuteronomy 6:4-15
4. Hear, O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD;
5. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart;
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
10. And it shall be, when the LORD thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,
11. And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full;
12. Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
13. Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.
14. Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;
15. (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.
“And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” – (Deuteronomy 6:7).
MESSAGE FOR DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL 12 NOVEMBER 2022
A father and son went fishing one day. After a couple of hours out in the boat, the boy suddenly became curious about the world around him. He asked his father, “How does this boat float?” His father replied, “Don’t rightly know, son.” The boy returning to his contemplation, then turned back to his father, “How do fish breathe underwater?” Once again, his father replied, “Don’t rightly know, son.” A little later, the boy asked his father, “Why is the sky blue?” He got the same answer. Worried he was going to annoy his father, he said, “Dad, do you mind my asking you all these questions?” “Of course not son, if you don’t ask questions you’ll never learn anything!”
The Lord, through Moses their leader, warned Israel against the tendency to forget their God when they got to the Promised Land. They were cautioned against complacency and carelessness that could set in when life improved in comfortable houses, fields and vineyards as promised by God. They were not only to retain the knowledge and the love of God in their hearts, but they were also to make signage of them throughout the environment where they lived. They were to teach their children diligently about them. They were to keep the lessons Moses taught them all through their lives and refuse to allow the culture and religion of their heathen neighbours influence them.
Our forefathers managed to keep the traditions of elders alive by telling stories to their children and grandchildren of the good old days. We must imbibe that practice in Christianity today. We must set aside time to teach our children and answer their questions both at home, in school and church. It is good to pass on every knowledge that is needed to the children when they are young and tender. The Bible makes it clear that they will not depart from it as they grow older (Proverbs 22:6).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is honoured when His word is preserved from generation to generation.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 1-2
DCLM Daily Manna 12th November 2022 Devotional Message | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. He’s the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.