Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 30 November 2021 Tuesday Message
TOPIC: Andrew: An Example Of Obedient And Active Disciple
TEXT: Matthew 4:18-22 (NKJV)
18. And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19. Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
20. They immediately left [their] nets and followed Him.
21. Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James [the son] of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them,
22. and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 30 November 2021 STUDY:
Our discussion yesterday was on the Scripture and the Kingdom-based ministry of Jesus Christ. The conversion of Saint Andrew who the church celebrates today is part of the result of that ministry.
While the scripture does not reveal so much about him, there are few things which every follower of Jeşus Christ may learn from his life. You will notice that together with his brother, Peter, their response to the call by Jesus was immediate. He did not procrastinate or give excuses like some others who were called (vv. 18-20; cf Luke 9:59, 61).
His obedience to Jesus was absolute and once he answered the call to follow Jesus, he became actively involved in the ministry of Jesus (Lk. 9:1, 6). He was active in evangelism and was the one who gave information about the boy with the five loaves and two small fish with which Jesus fed the multitude (Jn. 6:8-9). Again, he was the one who together, with Philip, directed the Gentiles to see Jesus (Jn. 12:20-22).
Church tradition has it that he preached the gospel in present day Greece and Turkey and was crucified at Patras. Today’s reading challenges all who have not answered the call to discipleship are enjoined to respond immediately. It also challenges all who have answered the call to be active in the ministry and to follow Him to the end.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, in my walk with You, help me to always respond swiftly to Your call and to live an active life to the end.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Take the limits off of yourself. You will never rise higher than your thinking. Create a great vision for your life.”— Joel Osteen.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 30 November 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.