TOPIC: You Will Make It
TEXT: Joshua 3:9-17(NKJV)
9. So Joshua said to the children of Israel, “Come here, and hear the words of the LORD your God.”
10. And Joshua said, “By this you shall know that the living God [is] among you, and [that] He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites:
11. “Behold, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is crossing over before you into the Jordan.
12. “Now therefore, take for yourselves twelve men from the tribes of Israel, one man from every tribe.
13. “And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, [that] the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off, the waters that come down from upstream, and they shall stand as a heap.”
14. So it was, when the people set out from their camp to cross over the Jordan, with the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people,
15. and as those who bore the ark came to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks during the whole time of harvest),
16. that the waters which came down from upstream stood [still, and] rose in a heap very far away at Adam, the city that [is] beside Zaretan. So the waters that went down into the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, failed, [and] were cut off; and the people crossed over opposite Jericho.
17. Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan.
STUDY: Build up your confidence and trust in God; there is victory ahead! With God on your side, you will definitely overcome those challenges. Take a closer look at verses 9-10 and observe that what matters in life is not the challenges one faces but what the word of God says about those challenges. Yes, we may not likely know what the future holds for us but we should trust God who holds our future.
Obeying simple instruction by faith is what was needed by the Israelites to witness their miracle. The Ark of the Covenant of the Lord which was a sign of His presence among Israel was to go before them while they were to follow (v.11). Always put God first in all your plans this year. If you move alone without Him, you might likely meet the giants alone and you will certainly fail.
Do not be discouraged. God will make a way where seems to be no way. By faith through the word of God, you will cross the challenges that stand in your way as River Jordan. Victory is assured – only make sure you walk with God. The Lord will figt your battles.
PRAYER: Guide me Lord, my great redeemer, in this world of
challenges and wickedness.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.” (Psalm 57:1)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 20th January 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.