TOPIC: Please No Bleach of Agreement
TEXT Joshua 1:10-18(NKJV)
10. Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people, saying,
11. “Pass through the camp and command the people, saying, ‘Prepare provisions for yourselves, for within three days you will cross over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess.’ ”
12. And to the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh Joshua spoke, saying,
13. “Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, ‘The LORD your God is giving you rest and is giving you this land.’
14. “Your wives, your little ones, and your livestock shall remain in the land which Moses gave you on this side of the Jordan. But you shall pass before your brethren armed, all your mighty men of valor, and help them,
15. “until the LORD has given your brethren rest, as He [gave] you, and they also have taken possession of the land which the LORD your God is giving them. Then you shall return to the land of your possession and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD’s servant gave you on this side of the Jordan toward the sunrise.”
16. So they answered Joshua, saying, “All that you command us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.
17. “Just as we heeded Moses in all things, so we will heed you. Only the LORD your God be with you, as He was with Moses.
18. “Whoever rebels against your command and does not heed your words, in all that you command him, shall be put to death. Only be strong and of good courage.”
STUDY: When Moses was alive, the tribes of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh asked him to allow them settle at the beautiful pasture land East of the promised land, and Moses agreed on the condition that they would help the other tribes fight, conquer and enter the promised land, after which they could go back and settle down. Now that Moses is dead and Joshua has taken over the mantle of leadership. He reminded the tribes of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh of the existing agreement. Fortunately at verse 16, they determined to live up to the agreement.
Some people fail to keep the terins of agreement they consciously entered into. Some make promises and later renege on them, while some tell lies to frustrate or escape the agreements they enter into. Some people buy things on credit or borrow money and refuse to pay back even when they have the money. Some others deliberately issue dud cheques to pay their debts. Worse still, some make pledges in church while others promise God some things ifHe Would answer their prayers, but immediately God answers their prayers, they renege and forget to perform the promises.
Breach of promises and agreements shows lack of integrity; Depart from these practices if have been involved in them. It is better not to make pledges or enter into agreement, than to make them and fail to keep them. Fulfill your promises and keep your words even if it is painful (Ps. 15:1-4).
PRAYER: Dear Father pardon my unfaithfulness, and incline my
heart to perform the promises, I make.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea … God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.” (Psalm 46:1,5)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 15th January 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.