Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional August 23, 2017
Topic: Where You Stand And How You End
SCRIPTURE: And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. I kings 17:1
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Where you stand determines what you can face.
MESSAGE: Our anchor scripture confirms that where a person stands determines how he ends. When we talk about stand, we are talking about where the confidence and strength of a person is.
Abraham stood before the Lord; the Lord was his strength and confidence so he ended in the covenant blessing. Elijah said, before God whom I stand; God was his strength and he ended in power and authority.
You May Like This: Intimacy With God And The Fulfilment of Destiny
When a child stands in front of his father, he can talk to older children anyhow and would not be afraid of being beaten or hurt. Where you stand determines what you can face.
There are five categories of people as far as where they stand is concerned and today, we shall look at two of the categories, and subsequently, we will see the remaining.
1. People who stand on their natural abilities (wisdom, talent, intelligence, energy, beauty and handsomeness etc.): It is possible to be swift and still lose a race; it is possible to be strong and still lose a battle (Ecclesiastes 9:11). It is possible to be intelligent and still fail a test. It is possible to be smart and still lack money. Those who stand on natural abilities, end in frustration in this world and in eternity.
2. People who stand on human connection: When people make man their confidence, they end in abysmal failure and disappointment. When you trust in a Governor, Senator, President or any rich person you know, God said, ‘you are under a curse’ (Jeremiah 17:5).
Beloved, look up to God and He will provide all you need.
Remember this: where you stand determines what you can face.
You May Like This: The Last 24 Hours
1. Take your mind off anyone you put your trust in.
2. Refuse to rely on your natural abilities.
3. Look up to God for the solution to the challenge you may be facing.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WHERE ARE YOU STANDING?
PRAYER: O LORD, You are my Hope. My life and my future are in Your Hands. I will trust You till the end because I know that in You are the answers to my questions. Thank You for the answers, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
QUOTE: To rely on human wisdom is to attempt to carry your problem on your head. That is tantamount to collapse.
DAILY READING: Job 8:1 to 11:20, 1 Corinthians 15:1 to 28, Psalm 38:1 to 22, Proverbs 21:28 to 29
AMAZING FACT: According to Astronauts, space smells like seared steak, hot metal and welding fumes
TODAY IN HISTORY: 23/8/1991 – The World Wide Web is opened to the public.
Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional was written by Dr. Paul Enenche, the Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre.( DIGC )