TOPIC: Live Right
TEXT: Ecclesiastics 9:1-8(NKJV)
9. All this I have seen, and applied my heart to every work that is done under the sun: [There is] a time in which one man rules over another to his own hurt.
10. Then I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of holiness, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done. This also [is] vanity.
11. Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
12. Though a sinner does evil a hundred [times,] and his [days] are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
13. But it will not be well with the wicked; nor will he prolong [his] days, [which are] as a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
14. There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are just [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also [is] vanity.
15. So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor [all] the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.
16. When I applied my heart to know wisdom and to see the business that is done on earth, even though one sees no sleep day or night,
17. then I saw all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover [it,] yet he will not find [it;] moreover, though a wise [man] attempts to know [it,] he will not be able to find [it.]
STUDY: An adage says that there is more to what the eyes can see, which implies that we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7). Galatians 5:16-17 admonishes us to walk in the spirit and not to gratify the desires of the flesh.Walking daily in the spirit helps us understand the mind of God that He chooses whom He will show mercy. His kindness could flow to both the wicked and the righteous. This He did by sending Jesus Christ to die both for the righteous and the unrighteous(1 Cor. 2:11; Rom. 9:15; Matthew 5:45; Rom. 5:8). Despite the fact that there is so much injustice, hatred and bitterness in the world, we are advised to continue in the path modelled by Jesus Christ,who never worked by sight but always sought to do the will of His father(John 6:38).
Now that we are still alive in the world, we have a great opportunity as there is no hope for the dead. We are advised in <a>verses 7-8</a> to rejoice as people whom God has redeemed and accepted despite our inadequacies, and continue to live a righteous life in Christ Jesus,having our head greased with the oil of salvation.
PRAYER: Almighty God,thank you for the gift of life in Christ Jesus; help me to live right in Jesus name Amen.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 10th October 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England. It gives its current membership as “over 18 million”, out of a total Nigerian population of over 200 million.