TOPIC: Life’s Summary
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:9-14(NKJV)
9. And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out [and] set in order many proverbs.
10. The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and [what was] written [was] upright — words of truth.
11. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
12. And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books [there is] no end, and much study [is] wearisome to the flesh.
13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.
14. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 17th October 2020 Message
STUDY: As a free moral agent, man has the freewill to choose his way of life. This has caused a lot of people to live independently of God and His desires,as if they are gods on their own. Our text today tells us that though there may be a lot of chapters and pages about life, but certainly, there is a conclusion and this conclusion is the most important: “…Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”
The creator of man has an original plan that man should worship, serve and walk in His ways. This means that our profession, business and academic pursuits are all minor parts of life (though necessary), while the fear of God is the key issue. As a result of this therefore, our eyes must always focus on this all-important conclusion. Our allegiance to God and His ways must be total and we must remember that He has instituted a day of judgment when all our actions, seen and unseen, will be brought to the open and judged. The end of all things is closer to us than before. We must watch our actions and ensure that they align with the original plan of God, lest we be caught unawares.
PRAYER: Lord, may my heart know and fear You that I might keep Your commandments.
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 17th October 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.