TOPIC: Do Not Give Up on Love
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13(NKJV)
1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2. And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor,] and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4. Love suffers long [and] is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5. does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6. does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7. bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8. Love never fails. But whether [there are] prophecies, they will fail; whether [there are] tongues, they will cease; whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.
Daily Fountain Devotional 13 September 2020 STUDY:
In our text today, Apostle Paul gave a full list of the attributes of love. He says, ‘Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.’ The list is so comprehensive and exhaustive that it opens our eyes to human weaknesses and makes it appear as though not so many a people of God can be said to exhibit these qualities. But the truth is that the scriptures are not written to “perfect” and sinless humans. The Bible is written so that the imperfect man may behold the holy writ and be transformed by the renewing of his mind to conform to the image of the perfect Man, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Child of God, have you weighed your life in the light of the above scriptures and found out that you are not measuring up? Brace up and do not be discouraged. Never give up on love. Get closer to the scriptures to know what the will of the Lord is and seek to do it. This will enable you to grow in grace. The more you grow in grace, that is, in Christ Jesus, the more love you will exhibit. Again, I say, keep the scriptures before you; determine to practise love in the light of Christ Jesus. Your resolve to love in the way of God will pay off,and others will come to the light of Christ in you.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to grow in grace so that I may love the more.
DAILY QUOTE: “And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all my transgressions.” (Psalm 39:7)
Daily Fountain Devotional 13 September 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England. It gives its current membership as “over 18 million”, out of a total Nigerian population of over 200 million.
WATCH LIVE SERVICE2 years ago
Dunamis Live Service Broadcast with Dr.Pastor Paul Enenche – September Impartation Service
GOSPEL MUSIC VIDEOS3 years ago
Gospel Music: Voice Of The Cross Sing Halleluyah MP3
WATCH LIVE SERVICE2 years ago
Dunamis Live Sunday Service 30 September 2018 with Pastor Paul Enenche – Testimonies & Thanksgiving Service
OTHER CHRISTIAN DEVOTIONALS1 year ago
Our Daily Bread 9 April 2019 – Good News to Tell