TOPIC: God is Able to Restore Lost Glory and Blessings
TEXT: Zechariah 8:1-17(NKJV)
1. Again the word of the LORD of hosts came, saying,
2. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘I am zealous for Zion with great zeal; With great fervor I am zealous for her.’
3. “Thus says the LORD: ‘I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’
4. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Old men and old women shall again sit In the streets of Jerusalem, Each one with his staff in his hand Because of great age.
5. The streets of the city Shall be full of boys and girls Playing in its streets.’
6. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, Will it also be marvelous in My eyes?’ Says the LORD of hosts.
7. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east And from the land of the west;
8. I will bring them [back,] And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people And I will be their God, In truth and righteousness.’
9. ” Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Let your hands be strong, You who have been hearing in these days These words by the mouth of the prophets, Who [spoke] in the day the foundation was laid For the house of the LORD of hosts, That the temple might be built.
10. For before these days [There were] no wages for man nor any hire for beast; [There was] no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in; For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbor.
11. ‘But now I [will] not [treat] the remnant of this people as in the former days,’ says the LORD of hosts.
12. ‘For the seed [shall be] prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew — I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.
13. And it shall come to pass [That] just as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, So I will save you, and you shall be a blessing. Do not fear, Let your hands be strong.’
14. ” For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Just as I determined to punish you When your fathers provoked Me to wrath,’ Says the LORD of hosts, ‘And I would not relent,
15. So again in these days I am determined to do good To Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. Do not fear.
16. These [are] the things you shall do: Speak each man the truth to his neighbor; Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
17. Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; And do not love a false oath. For all these [are things] that I hate,’ Says the LORD.”
STUDY: In this passage today, God gave a message of hope to His people to restore their fortunes. Though Jerusalem had been destroyed and left desolate, God promised to restore what had been lost, physically and spiritually. God promised to restore perfect peace and prosperity to the lives of individuals as well as to life of the nation, as He instructed them on how to live to maintain the prosperity that He would bring to them (vs. 16-17).
In the same vein today, God speaks to our individual lives and nation that if we are ready to change our thought pattern, ways and attitude to comply with His word and will, He will restore lost opportunities and blessings and also beautify our life. He is even ready to perform these as soon as we obey His word by being truthful and righteous in our dealings. We must do away with evil and wicked thoughts and actions against our neighbours;we should not deceive people in God’s name (swearing falsely).
PRAYER: God, please let there be a restoration of my lost glory and blessing in Jesus’ name.
DAILY QUOTE: “I will lift up my eyes to the hills – from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” (Psalm 121:1)
Daily Fountain Devotional 29 August 2020 – The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England. It gives its current membership as “over 18 million”, out of a total Nigerian population of over 200 million.