You are watching RCCG JULY 12th 2020 with Pastor E.A Adeboye Special Service Live from the Redemption Camp.
Today’s Sunday Service starts 8:30am
Watch Live Below
RCCG Sunday Service 12 July 2020 with Pastor E.A Adeboye
You can also read Today’s Open Heaven 12th July 2020 – Understanding God
TOPIC: Understanding God
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” – (1 Corinthians 2:14)
READ: 1 Corinthians 2:11-16 (KJV)
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KEY VERSE: “And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.” – Luke 8:10
MESSAGE: Many people of the world think they understand spiritual things. They look at the things that we do and start to judge. They tell us that we are not doing it right; they even go to the extent of trying to teach us how God wants us to do things. How do they know the mind of God when they themselves are living outside His will? Just as stated in Luke 8:10 above, the things of God are parables to them. They can look, but cannot see them; they can hear, but cannot understand. They can read the Bible but cannot comprehend it because the letter killeth, but it is the Spirit that gives understanding (Isaiah 11:2). (1 Corinthians 2:11) says:
“For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”
No one can understand the mind of God except through the Holy Ghost, so anyone who does not have the Spirit cannot know His mind.
Being a mathematician, when I heard about the principle of tithing, it made no sense to me. 100% of my salary was not enough to cover my expenses for the month, talk less of the remaining 90% after the tithe was paid. I however decided to try it and amazingly, I had more than enough to see me through the month.
When next you hear unbelievers condemn the principles of God, don’t bother arguing with them; just say the truth you know and move on. Pray that they should encounter Christ and also have the Spirit of God within them so they can understand the ways of God too.
KEY POINT: Someone who is not a member of your clan cannot understand your family culture. Don’t argue with them, just keep doing what the Bible says.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 27, Isaiah 9-12