TOPIC: Prayers for Your Nation
“For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” – (1 Timothy 2:2)
READ: 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (KJV)
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Open Heaven 8 July 2020 PRAYERS:
1. Praise God for your nation. Bless Him for all the natural and human resources that He has given your nation.
2. Father, please have mercy on my nation for all the sins that have been committed on our land. Lord, please have mercy.
3. Father, cause a great revival to break forth in my nation like in the days of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
4. Father, hear the cry of the poor, oppressed and needy in my nation.
5. Father, arise and let the enemies of my nation scatter.
6. Father, give the leaders of my nation wisdom to govern us correctly in the mighty name of Jesus.
7. Lord, destroy every disease the devil is using to take the lives of people in my nation.
8. Father, make my nation great spiritually, economically, technologically, and in all other positive ways.
9. Father, put an end to terrorism, wars, crime and disunity in my nation.
10. Father, let all the lawmakers and government officials in my nation carry out their duties according to Your leading.
11. Father, breathe into the educational sector of my nation so that our future will be bright.
12. Special prayer request for your nation.
I join my faith with yours and pray that the Lord will grant all your requests for your nation, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 8 July 2020 ACTION POINT:
Never join others to curse your nation; rather, pray always for the good of your nation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 15 – IN CHRIST ALONE
1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song,
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on the cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.