TOPIC: Be A Winsome Neighbour
TEXT: Joshua 19:1-9
1. And the second lot came forth to Simeon, even for the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families; and their inheritance was within the inheritance of the children of Judah.
2. And they had in their inheritance Beersheba, or Sheba, and Moladah,
3. And Hazarshual, and Balah, and Azem,
4. And Eltolad, and Bethul, and Hormah,
5. And Ziklag, and Bethmarcaboth, and Hazarsusah,
6. And Bethlebaoth, and Sharuhen; thirteen cities and their villages;
7. Ain, Remmon, and Ether, and Ashan; four cities and their villages;
8. And all the villages that were round about these cities to Baalathbeer, Ramath of the south. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families.
9. Out of the portion of the children of Judah was the inheritance of the children of Simeon; for the part of the children of Judah was too much for them; therefore the children of Simeon had their inheritance within the inheritance of them.
“Out of the portion of the children of Judah was the inheritance of the children of Simeon: for the part of the children of Judah was too much for them: therefore the children of Simeon had their inheritance within the inheritance of them.” – (Joshua 19:9)
DCLM Daily Manna 7 July 2020 Devotional Message:
What makes a man or woman so charming and winsome in personality is mostly God-impacted love. Love, otherwise known as charity in Bible terms, is the essential ingredient for a peaceful and profitable co-existence, whether in the family, office, church or neighbourhood. In God’s estimation, it is not great knowledge, lofty gifts, amicable talents or commendable competence that matters but a true heart of devotion and love.
After the conquests of the heathen nations in the land of Canaan, the Promised Land was shared according to the commandment of God. The second lot came to Simeon and his tribe according to the families. The inheritance was within the inheritance of the children of Judah. Judah did not complain but lovingly gave up the excess land to them because their portion was too much for them.
Love is a characteristic of God, which makes us resemble Him. It is the divine aroma that exudes pleasantness, peace and progress wherever it is found. It is that fragrance that makes us winsome, even to those who rebuff us. Love makes us offer help to those who cannot repay us. It gives victory over resentment and selfishness. It restrains from doing evil and reaches out in selfless service to all; gives all the time and expecting nothing in return.
Christ’s admonition to all men in all ages is, “love thy neighbour as thyself”. Imagine how better our world, nation, society and family will be if we love others as ourselves! Make your environment a love zone and be a winsome neighbour to all. This cannot be done without righteousness and the grace of God. Through your winsome lifestyle, others will be challenged to receive the gospel and be saved.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Love is the fragrance that makes you winsome.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 16-17
DCLM Daily Manna 7 July 2020 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.