TOPIC: God Has A Plan For All
TEXT: Joshua 18:11-28
11. And the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families; and the coast of their lot came forth between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.
12. And their border on the north side was from Jordan; and the border went up to the side of Jericho on the north side, and went up through the mountains westward; and the goings out thereof were at the wilderness of Bethaven.
13. And the border went over from thence toward Luz, to the side of Luz, which is Bethel, southward; and the border descended to Atarothadar, near the hill that lieth on the south side of the nether Bethhoron.
14. And the border was drawn thence, and compassed the corner of the sea southward, from the hill that lieth before Bethhoron southward; and the goings out thereof were at Kirjathbaal, which is Kirjathjearim, a city of the children of Judah; this was the west quarter.
15. And the south quarter was from the end of Kirjathjearim, and the border went out on the west, and went out to the well of waters of Nephtoah;
16. And the border came down to the end of the mountain that lieth before the valley of the son of Hinnom, and which is in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of Jebusi on the south, and descended to Enrogel,
17. And was drawn from the north, and went forth to Enshemesh, and went forth toward Geliloth, which is over against the going up of Adummim, and descended to the stone of Bohan the son of Reuben,
18. And passed along toward the side over against Arabah northward, and went down unto Arabah;
19. And the border passed along to the side of Bethhoglah northward; and the outgoings of the border were at the north bay of the salt sea at the south end of Jordan; this was the south coast.
20. And Jordan was the border of it on the east side. This was the inheritance of the children of Benjamin, by the coasts thereof round about, according to their families.
21. Now the cities of the tribe of the children of Benjamin according to their families were Jericho, and Bethhoglah, and the valley of Keziz,
22. And Betharabah, and Zemaraim, and Bethel,
23. And Avim, and Parah, and Ophrah,
24. And Chepharhaammonai, and Ophni, and Gaba; twelve cities with their villages;
25. Gibeon, and Ramah, and Beeroth,
26. And Mizpeh, and Chephirah, and Mozah,
27. And Rekem, and Irpeel, and Taralah,
28. And Zelah, Eleph, and Jebusi, which is Jerusalem, Gibeath, and Kirjath; fourteen cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families.
“And Zelah, Eleph, and Jebusi, which is Jerusalem, Gibeath, and Kirjath; fourteen cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families.” – (Joshua 18:28)
DCLM Daily Manna 17 July 2020 Devotional Message
Boutros Boutros-Ghali was the first African Secretary General of the United Nations. His grandfather, Boutros Ghali, the only Christian prime minister of Egypt, was shot by an assassin. Cairo crowds hailed his Moslem killer but the family took the pain in their strides. They went, against all odds, to successfully groom Boutros Ghali to succeed his grandfather in public office until he was able to claim the office of Secretary General of UN. It is true indeed that he who laughs last, laughs best. The initial setback in life did not hinder the family from claiming their honoured position in history.
Our passage for today highlights the portion of the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families. Their portion was from Jericho down to Kirjath. It is worthy of note that of all the twelve tribes of Israel, Benjamin was the last born of the family. Yet, when the inheritance was being shared, the children of Benjamin were not left out. In fact, despite being the last born, one of the largest portions was allotted to them.
God has a plan for every child of His. In His wisdom and sovereignty, He assigns gifts, talents and resources to everyone as He wills. None is left out in His plan. His purpose is for us to live to fulfil His glory. Every believer must discover God’s special purpose for their lives and live to fulfil it.
No one is useless in God’s kingdom. Though our talents and gifts may differ as highlighted in the parable of the talents in (Matthew 25:14,15), the fact remains that none is left without a portion of talent. Benjamin was the last born; yet, he got a large portion of the inheritance. No one is forgotten by God. Whatever talent or gift He has blessed you with, He expects you use it wisely.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Claim your inheritance for His glory.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 21-24
DCLM Daily Manna Devotional 17 July 2020 was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria