DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Power Through Preaching
TOPIC: Power Through Preaching
DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2020 TEXT: Matthew 10:1-15
1. And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3. Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4. Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not;
6. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils; freely ye have received, freely give.
9. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
10. Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves; for the workman is worthy of his meat.
11. And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12. And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it; but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
“And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of disease.” – (Matthew 10:1)
DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2020 MESSAGE:
God used Smith Wigglesworth to perform a lot of miracles. Thousands were healed during his programmes. One day, he was being shown around a farm by the owner. He appreciated the beauty of the farm but the owner said the whole farm was ruined by blight. He stretched forth his hands on the farm in the name of Jesus and the blight immediately disappeared. All the miracles happened because anywhere he was, he would always preach the gospel.
Our Lord gave His twelve disciples power over unclean spirits, to cast them out and heal all manner of sicknesses and diseases. These disciples of Jesus were the first set of evangelists, empowered to preach, teach, cast out unclean spirits and heal.
An evangelist is steadfast in all circumstances, as we see in the case of the disciples of Jesus who were sent out without physical provisions (verses 9 and 10). Evangelism entails spreading the good news; preaching at the marketplaces, schools, villages and the communities around us, even outside our nation. For everyone to be saved, we need to preach repentance everywhere. As we lead them to Christ, the Saviour, we also bring them healing and deliverance as well. The complete gospel is forgiveness from God through faith in Jesus.
Christ has given us the power to heal the sick, cleanse the leper and raise the dead. His name will make the devil subject to us. The power to accomplish these comes when we go out to preach the saving gospel. Remember that the Lord has promised to be with you on the evangelism field. You are empowered and endowed to win souls for His Kingdom with signs following.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Signs and wonders follow believers who preach.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2020 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.