DCLM Daily Manna 18 February 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – A Woman Of Great Faith
TOPIC: A Woman Of Great Faith
TEXT: Matthew 15:21-31
21. Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27. And she said, Truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith; be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
29. And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30. And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus’ feet; and he healed them;
31. Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see; and they glorified the God of Israel.
“Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.” – (Matthew 15:28)
DCLM Daily Manna 18 February 2020 MESSAGE:
Faith is the ability to trust what we cannot see. With faith, we are freed from the flimsy enclosures of life that only fear allows to entrap us.
The woman from Canaan in our text had a great difficulty. Her daughter was grievously vexed with a devil. It is very likely that by the time she decided to seek Jesus, she had tried every remedy she knew. She might likely had been to every doctor and tried every home remedy she could seek out to help her daughter. By the time she sought Jesus, she had become a very desperate woman. Though He appeared to ignore her, He was waiting for her faith to find a full expression. When she could not be discouraged by her being referred to as a dog but demanded for the crumbs that fall from the master’s table, Jesus granted her request.
God does not build great faith in us with little troubles; it is the cliff that is impossible to climb that challenges our faith to rise to a greater level. God uses difficulties that come our way to build our faith. If a problem is minor and can be solved by our reasoning and common sense, it needs no faith.
This woman’s faith was properly placed in Jesus. We will never build great faith in our lives until we get our total focus on Him who has the ability to answer our prayers. Tozer once said, “The only man who can be sure he has Bible faith is the one who has put himself in a position where he cannot go back.” Faith is the magnet that attract God’s power into our lives. Trust Him today with the challenging situations on your life and He will not disappoint you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Leap over the fence by faith.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
See Previous —-⇒ Unity of Purpose
DCLM Daily Manna 18 February 2020 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi