Open Heaven 10 January 2020 Daily Devotional for Today By Pastor E.A Adeboye – Jesus Listens
TOPIC: Jesus Listens
“If ye ask anything in my name, I will do it.” – (John 14:14)
READ: Matthew 7:7-11 (KJV)
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you;
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10. Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
PREVIOUS: Control That Addiction
You would most likely be required to book an appointment if you want to see a great person. If you are lucky to get that appointment and finally get to see him/her, you must be brief because if you are not quick enough, he/she could leave you and move to something else. Great people of this world can be like that, but my Jesus, in spite of being the greatest of all, is different. He listens.
Jesus is really busy; in spite of this, the moment He hears the voice of any of His children, He stops everything else He is doing and pays rapt attention to you like He did for Bartimaeus in our Bible reading for today. One thing that gives me joy is not just that He stops everything He is doing to listen to me, but that He listens to me alone at that particular time. Jesus could have asked all the blind people around that place to come together since He was about to heal the blind, but He called only Bartimaeus.
Open Heaven 10 January 2020 – Jesus Listens
I want you to know that Jesus is never too busy to listen to you and you alone. The problem is that most of us don’t call on Him. These days, we talk more about prayers than we actually pray. He is gentle. He will not come into your situation uninvited. He saw that Bartimaeus was blind, yet He asked him what he wanted; He knew the history of the man at the pool of Bethesda, yet He asked him if he wanted to be whole. A song writer said “O what needles pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” Take everything to Him in prayer. Many times, we worry about our problems and complain, forgetting to mention them to God; no wonder they linger. Psalm 34:15 tells us:
“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.”
Are you feeling discouraged and depressed? Talk to Jesus. Are you anxious about something? Talk to Jesus. Are you experiencing a strong temptation that you just might fail? Talk to Jesus. He will leave everything else to listen to you; just talk to Him now.
Go before Jesus now and pour out your heart to Him. He will listen to you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hymn 21 – Now thank we all our God
1. Now thank we all our God,
With hearts, and hands and voices;
Who wondrous things hath done,
In Whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mother’s arms,
Hath bless’d us on our way
With countless gifts to love
And still is ours to-day.
2. O may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in His grace
And guide us when perplexed,
And free us from all ills
In this world and the next.
3. All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
The Son, and Him who reigns
With them in the highest heaven
The One, Eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.
Open Heaven 10 January 2020 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.
- Joel Osteen Devotional 21 January 2020 – Check Your Soil
- Seeds of Destiny 22 January 2020 Wednesday – Being Found Where God is Found
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 21 January 2020 – Judged and Criticized
- Our Daily Bread 21 January 2020 – Where Are You Headed?
- Billy Graham Devotional 21 January 2020 -Victory Over Death